exhaust issue, trying to save $460.00 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > exhaust issue, trying to save $460.00

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wNEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 10-18-2007, 09:28 PM   #1
akviper

exhaust issue, trying to save $460.00

Hey all I just bought a 95 yj that is awesome it has a 4 cyl and a skyjacker lift that looks awesome, the top leaves a little something to be desired but I am looking for a cj-7 top to work with. The hang up and I knew it when I bought it was that the jeep was non IM-able. it has a custom exhaust that had a cat delete. Well the smog nazis here in AK require this. I have found the cheapest place in town to get it done and that is at 460.00 to have it IM'd after is 70.00 more and then to register it is about 100.00. Good news is I found a cat for 79.99 and am fairly handy with a welder. I can get a little welder for around 200 bucks at schucks, I know they are a little cheesy but it would just be for this job than for little things later.

So my question is: would anyone be willing to take a few pics of the cat in place and the downtube that goes into it so I could see how it all hooks up. Once again Chilton diagrams don't help too much.

Sorry for the newby alert but I would like to save a few bucks and be able to drive my new baby asap.

Mike

Last edited by akviper; 10-18-2007 at 11:06 PM..
akviper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-19-2007, 12:05 AM   #2
kent l
1990 YJ Wrangler 

muffler shops & different prices

That price seems way high! I live in Utah and can get a after market cat put on for less than $200.00 at most muffler places. I would look around or do it yourself.
I had a whole 2.5 inch exhaust put on including a aftermarket cat and Imco free flow muffler for $330.00
Shop around. (Stay away from the chain muffler stores. Can you say gouge!)
kent l is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-19-2007, 03:11 PM   #3
akviper

thank you

Well we do live in the peoples republic of Alaska, can you say extra shipping. I have checked all around but that is the best deal I have found. But there is an upside, the wheeling is pretty darn sweet. I have some pics but they are toyota pics. I can't wait to get the Jeep up and going then I will post some pics. By then the post files restriction should be lifted and you can see my new jeep.

Mike
akviper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.