Ex Islander Diesel Build - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Ex Islander Diesel Build

SALE PRICING, Specials, Huge Savings Alloy USA and Posi-LoFord Explorer 8.8 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft Kit C Clip ElimStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 08-18-2013, 04:14 PM   #76
Homebrewed2
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Fluid

There was a few lines I need to finish up the engine. I found some -3 an line at Summit Racing that is rated for 2500 psi. I made up a line to feed the vacuum pump on the the alternator. I wanted to use straight fittings but there was not enough room so I came up with this.
img_0359.jpg
I used the same line and some fitting from Advanced Adapters to connect the stock clutch master cylinder to the TJ slave.
img_0362.jpg
I should have used a 90 degree fitting at the slave cylinder but I had to use it for the alternator.
img_0364.jpg
Russel make some -6 an line rated for 2500 psi also. With a couple of fitting I swapped over my power steering hose. I wanted to keep the power steering pump from a 98 Cherokee since it has the built in reservoir.
img_0366.jpg
img_0367.jpg

Homebrewed2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-26-2013, 07:19 PM   #77
Homebrewed2
1989 YJ Wrangler 

new Jeep

I havent got much done on the diesel in the last couple of weeks but I did get it a younger brother.
img_0388.jpg
Its a 2003 Wrangler X. The tube bumpers, grill insert and body lift are coming off in the near future. Its going to be my dd so I am not going to go to crazy for know.
Unread 09-01-2013, 09:59 AM   #78
Homebrewed2
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Cooler Air

I have been pondering over how to mount my charge air cooler and radiator. I tried to make individual mounts for the top and bottom but I didn't care for them. I had been kicking around the idea to make a frame out of aluminum since I had some pieces of channel that fit snugly over the charge air cooler. I designed it to bolt into the stock radiator mounting and have the radiator bolt to the cac frame. I had never welded on aluminum before but I had a spool gun for my Miller. It turned out ok.
img_0404.jpg
img_0405.jpg
img_0406.jpg
img_0407.jpg
I made some feet that will bolt onto the bottom of the grill shell for add support
img_0408.jpg
I top rail bolts in allowing the charge air cooler to be removed easily.
img_0409.jpg
img_0410.jpg
img_0411.jpg
img_0412.jpg
The radiator will be covered by about 2" off the cac frame on one side, I don't think it should cause a problem. Next step is getting a aluminum radiator. I should have about 3" for an electric fan. I have a Ford Taurus fan but it is 4" thick, might use it on the TJ.
Unread 10-20-2013, 04:00 PM   #79
Homebrewed2
1989 YJ Wrangler 

In and Out

Its been awhile, figured I would post of pics of a few things I have been working on. For my charge air cooler piping I picked up some 2 1/2" exhaust pipe, cut and welded them up to fit.
img_0469.jpg
img_0472.jpg
img_0473.jpg
I also picked up a aluminum 2 row radiator on ebay. A little cutting and it bolts right up.
img_0486.jpg
img_0489.jpg
I also got a couple of pieces to finish the exhaust, I added a flex pipe and reused the Gibson muffler and tail pipe.
img_0490.jpg
I am slowly getting it put back together. The lower radiator hose is going to be the next challenge.
Unread 10-20-2013, 04:22 PM   #80
Gage56
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

I could be wrong But that sure do look like a Old Volvo FMIC ??

But Killer job on the work its looking Good

White Jeep Club #302

My Resto/Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/my-official-build-thread-1992-yj-emma-1494420/

Another YJ Resto
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/p...81/?highlight=

Sun Visor Fix How To
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/s...x-how-1607617/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom95YJ View Post
This is a prime example why people should be give a IQ test before they are allowed to Vote or Breed.
Gage56 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-20-2013, 05:15 PM   #81
fishadventure
1991 YJ Wrangler 

nice fabrication work
fishadventure is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-21-2013, 06:22 AM   #82
Eron
1993 YJ Wrangler 

More great stuff. Cant wait for some other updates.
Eron is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-21-2013, 06:28 AM   #83
Red_Smoke
1997 TJ Wrangler 

For the lower hose, use a lower from 97-01 2.5 4cyl TJ, assuming the radiator has the ports in stock TJ location.
2008 Rubi Unlimited: Gone!
Smashin' Punkin - 06 Rubi LJ, Cummins QSB3.3, work in progress
IndyORV
Red_Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-21-2013, 08:26 PM   #84
Homebrewed2
1989 YJ Wrangler 

The intercooler is from a volvo. I might try a 4 cylinder hose, the only problem is with the power steering pump mounted so high the water pump inlet is close to the belt so the hose needs to be angled towards the back of the engine to clear the hose.
Unread 06-01-2014, 06:29 PM   #85
Homebrewed2
1989 YJ Wrangler 

I'm back

Sorry for the extended absence. I did not get much done over the winter. Since the weather turned warmer I have got a few things done. Last week I pulled the tube off and disassembled it to take to the sand blaster to clean up the bottom of the tube and the firewall. From there I sent it to Linex, they coated the whole under side of it, it turned out great!
img_0931.jpg
img_0933.jpg

I painted the fire wall inside and out, cleaned up the rust on the inside and primed it. I am going to put Monstaliner on the inside, I should be getting it this week and hope to get it put on next weekend.
img_0921.jpg
I picked up a roll of header wrap, hopefully this will keep the heat down in the engine compartment and on the floor board.
img_0928.jpg
I replaced the supply line with some 3/8" tubing to make sure it was getting plenty of fuel. I wanted to mount a lift pump and a prefilter up by the tank, originally I thought about putting it on the frame but there was not enough room for the pump and the filter. I think this should work.
img_0934.jpg
More to come and it should be quicker!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.