After a 11 pound spool of welding wire I finally have the frame ready to go to the sand blaster, if the weather holds I plan on taking it in on Friday and hopefully get the frame painted next weekend. Since I cut the rear cross member off to fix the rest I didn't want to reuse it since it was bent and rusted. I happen to stumble upon Gen Right's rear cross member. It is really designed to go over the original as a cap but it is nice and thick 3/16.
Since is was designed as a cap it didn't have a place to bolt up the fuel tank skid plate. I bent up a piece of 3/16 and drilled new holes.
I figured I will take the front axle and have it sand blasted with the frame, I didnt want to try and clean clean it with a wire wheel with all the irregular shapes.
It was quite a battle to get the ball joints out, the tops came out using a 3' breaker bar with a 2' pipe as a cheater. The bottoms where not so easy I had to make relief cuts in the them to get them to come out.
I got most of the parts in for my 8.8. looks like somebody forget to release the parking brake, both set are shot.
I installed the Aussie locker, welded up the spring perches, shock mounts, extended bump stops and also the tubes.
The diff cover is nice and thick. All I need is brake pads and shoes and to make up some brake lines and the rear should be ready to go.
Hopefully next weekend I will get the frame painted and start assembling it!