Ever used propane to start a flooded Jeep? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Ever used propane to start a flooded Jeep?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 02-17-2007, 02:15 PM   #1
NEPhillyJeep
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Ever used propane to start a flooded Jeep?

Me and a buddy ran down to the Outer Banks to go play in the sand and run the off road trail down there in Corolla. We were having a good time of it and started down a trial that had a few water holes and such. Well I was in the lead and came into this rather modest water hole and before I knew it I was swamped. I mean I went from water just at the axles to water bout over the front of the hood. She ran for a little while as I tried to rock her backwards to get out and until then it was going good then she ingested too much water. Long story short Brian got me out, and we were pulled off my intake and of course there was water in it...D^amn it... We both didn't have any starter fluid, but I did have my torch with me, so I opened the value and let the gas go into the TBI and sure enough she started right up....What can I say but you just have to love a Jeep.

NEPhillyJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2007, 02:28 PM   #2
sentinal02
H2 Recovery Team Member

1992 YJ Wrangler 

considering that all it takes is a tablespoon or two of water on top of your piston to cause major damage to the engine i would think about pulling the plugs before reaching for the torch next time you get swamped

92 YJ 4.0L Ax-15 231
5" springs, 1" shackle 31's or 35's depending on my mood
sentinal02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2007, 05:58 PM   #3
Big-n-Broke-YJ
BUILT. NOT BOUGHT.

1989 YJ Wrangler 

good to know! haha, never know when that torch may come in handy!
'89 Wrangler, 4.0/AW4, 106" Wheelbase, SOA, custom XJ packs, 2" Body. Front High Pinion Dana 44 w/yukon super-joints, chromo inners and outers, and a Lincoln Locker. Rear Dana 60 w/Yukon 1.5" 35 Spline chomo shafts and detroit locker. 5.38 Yukon Gears. Hydro-Assist, 39.5x18" Boggers on 15x12 RockKrawler's w/ 2.75" of backspacing. Comp cut, tube fenders, custom bumpers and rock sliders, fuel cell, CB, Stewart Warner Gauges, SmittyBilt XRC8 Winch, 140 Amp CS-144 Alternator, Electric Fan, and a cooler of beer. 3897 lbs

March 1st, 8pm. WILMINGTON, NC MEET & GREET @ HOOTERS!
Big-n-Broke-YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2007, 06:19 PM   #4
TellyDSP
Poland and PPV!!!!
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Did you pull your plugs and clear the cylinders before cranking it over? Think I'd change all of your fluid too.

SIRA4x4 Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeples
n00bs bashing n00bs, it's a pitifull thing.
TellyDSP is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.