Essentials for 4 inch lift 94yj - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Essentials for 4 inch lift 94yj

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 01-01-2013, 05:41 PM   #1
Slice9
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Essentials for 4 inch lift 94yj

I want to put a 4 inch lift on my 94, 4.0L wrangler without having to buy all the little parts that come included in kits. I'm looking for the essential components so I can piece together my own kit. The jeep is my daily driver but I tend to hit the trails a few times a week, I'm aware you get what you pay for so I am willing to pay more for a more quality product. Any recommendations or tips would be great

Slice9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2013, 06:25 PM   #2
uhohthe50
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I just put a 3.5" BDS lift on my YJ. Heres a link to my thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/t...tions-1434677/

I didn't get a kit and just pieced the lift together. You are probably going to need a SYE or a transfer case lowering kit. I recommend doing it right and doing an SYE. If you do, you can save money and get a front cherokee cv driveshaft and have it cut and balanced for around $50 instead of buying a brand new driveshaft. You don't need brake line extensions because you can relocate your brake lines. Anticanman has a good thread somewhere out there showing how to do this. If you have the trac bars still hooked up I also suggest removing them.

I got:
-Leaf springs
-Bushings
-New ubolts for the D30 in the front and reused my rear ones. You can judge by the condition of your old ubolts if you need new ones.
-Shocks front and rear

I was able to get by without getting shims for the axle and also didn't get a pitman arm, but am going to get them soon. I am still getting vibrations and it is because my rear pinion angle is off. You can get a pitman arm off of a cherokee or grand cherokee instead of buying a new one for a lift. You also will probably need longer sway bar links. I already had a set of JKS disconnects before I did my lift.

Make sure you do your research and plan accordingly. You definitely can save money piecing a lift together but I suggest not cutting corners to just save money. BDS and OME are the two popular springs around the forum because of their quality.

Good luck! There are plenty of people on the forum that can help answer questions

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.