====== Enter your Jeep in the November "YJ of the month" contest Prize added====== - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > ====== Enter your Jeep in the November "YJ of the month" contest Prize added======

Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 10-26-2008, 07:32 PM   #16
SnowdogMarc
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMA Krawler View Post
I agree, But I need shackles, and disagree...why punish someone for all of the hard work.
I agree as well. I could use the shackles too because I have no lift with 31's and they rub on most bumps and dips. I can't go off road with my setup as it is now. I'm getting a lift in the spring but thats a long ways away. And I'm not punishing someone that has done lots of mods to their vehicle I just think the prize whatever it might be should go to the rig that would benifit the most from it being it heavy modified or bone stock. That's all.

l---L -[]lllllll[]-

()_) ()_)--o-)_)____________VE6-SDG
SnowdogMarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2008, 07:33 PM   #17
Brandon_YJ
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06camarodude View Post
I would enter, but I wouldn't win, my Jeep is bone stock (still has the stock hubcaps), and with the rust and the problems I'm having with it, it wouldn't even stack up to some of the beautiful machines the rest of the guys have here. I would like to lift it though, so I'm going to see if I could save up for some lift shackles and maybe a small body lift. Can't afford new tires until next fall at the soonest, so no point in rushing through lifting it! Good luck to all those who enter!
Dude, I'd be more inclined to vote for a stocker than anyhting - because I like stock rigs.
I think built ones are awesome, but stockers that hold their own in the mud and trails kick some major ***!
And being a local boy, you just might get my vote.
DISCLAIMER: I (usually) browse the web using Elinks in a (text only) terminal. Which means I do not have image viewing support. So if you get confused by my seemingly inability to comment on your pictures, emoticons, etc; now you know why.
If you're still confused click here to see how I view the forum.
Brandon_YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2008, 07:53 PM   #18
rustywrangler
Got my eye on you.....

Voting will start tomorrow. Been out of town.

Congenital Heart Disease is a reality for me, BOTH of my children have it. Please read up and become aware for future generations

Lydia Ann-Acquired 08/05/05 Open Heart surgery 08/10/05
Jacob Patrick-Acquired 01/17/08 Open Heart surgery 02/15/08
rustywrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2008, 09:32 PM   #19
Brandon_YJ
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Well guys, I'm sure Rusty is still feeling this thing out to see how it goes and all, and I'm sure he'd be willing to make some comprimises in the future.
But the contest is new for us YJ folks, so I'm sure things are bound to change (for the better of course) as time progresses.
DISCLAIMER: I (usually) browse the web using Elinks in a (text only) terminal. Which means I do not have image viewing support. So if you get confused by my seemingly inability to comment on your pictures, emoticons, etc; now you know why.
Unread 10-27-2008, 12:55 AM   #20
06camarodude
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon_YJ View Post
Dude, I'd be more inclined to vote for a stocker than anyhting - because I like stock rigs.
I think built ones are awesome, but stockers that hold their own in the mud and trails kick some major ***!
And being a local boy, you just might get my vote.
I'll enter next month then. . . I should have some body work done by then. You can check out my build thread if you'd like, it's linked in my sig. . . I should probably ditch the hubcaps before entering any contests, though. . . lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsapo View Post
"Do not judge, or you too will be judged." Matthew 7:1
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinTJer View Post
That's a pretty decent crawl ratio, tell Matthew congrats. :2thumbsup:
06camarodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2008, 05:47 AM   #21
rustywrangler
Got my eye on you.....

Will take entries untill noon today. Then the contest begins.

Congenital Heart Disease is a reality for me, BOTH of my children have it. Please read up and become aware for future generations

Unread 10-27-2008, 05:47 AM   #22
rustywrangler
Got my eye on you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon_YJ View Post
Well guys, I'm sure Rusty is still feeling this thing out to see how it goes and all, and I'm sure he'd be willing to make some comprimises in the future.
But the contest is new for us YJ folks, so I'm sure things are bound to change (for the better of course) as time progresses.
Well said and 100% true.

Unread 10-27-2008, 09:18 AM   #23
KMA Krawler
2007 JK Wrangler 

Am I understanding this right that if you have a built rig you have no chance of winning?

"UNANSWERED THREADS"
KMA Krawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2008, 09:20 AM   #24
rustywrangler
Got my eye on you.....

Quote:
Am I understanding this right that if you have a built rig you have no chance of winning?
Where does it say that???

Unread 10-27-2008, 09:29 AM   #25
Brandon_YJ
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Actually, our last two winners had some nicely built rigs.
Unread 10-27-2008, 09:36 AM   #26
KMA Krawler
2007 JK Wrangler 

This is my first time entering and I didn't know who votes for the winner. Did I not read the fine print?

"UNANSWERED THREADS"
KMA Krawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2008, 10:20 AM   #27
rustywrangler
Got my eye on you.....

Quote:
This is my first time entering and I didn't know who votes for the winner. Did I not read the fine print?
THe members vote once I get the poll togeather. I will edit the rules when I get a min to explain how it works.

This is a new thing for us. Only had two previously. Still working out the kinks.

Unread 10-27-2008, 06:34 PM   #28
wickedoffroad
1987 YJ Wrangler 

as stated above why punish those who have done the work, plus maybe they can pass along their old equipment to someone they know who can use it?
wickedoffroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2008, 08:18 PM   #29
JFranko
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedoffroad View Post
as stated above why punish those who have done the work, plus maybe they can pass along their old equipment to someone they know who can use it?
thats a good idea, that's usually how stuff gets into the free section, so in the end someone other than the winner benefits
RED JEEP CLUB MEMBER #494
JFranko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2008, 09:37 PM   #30
BadAddetude
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Simple: 2 Categories:

Awesome Jeep of the Month
Desperate Jeep of the Month

I know, I'm awesome. It's not easy.
1995 YJ: 4.0, 700R4, 231 C/J case, TeraFlex SS SYE/CV shaft, 8.8 with 3.73 gears, 136 Amp Alternator, Trans Cooler, Pavement Ends Flip-top/H-T, 2'' BDS Suspension Lift, MORE 5/8' Greasables, Sony GT-210 Xplode Head.

Under the Knife! See the build thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/badaddetudes-build-project-hrp-602142/
BadAddetude is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.