Engine vacuum lines.... Where to start?? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Engine vacuum lines.... Where to start??

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineDan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 08-02-2012, 05:05 PM   #1
jsd1991yj
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Engine vacuum lines.... Where to start??

I purchased my 1991 jeep yj 2.5l with ax-5 last november. It did not have an engine and none of the vacuum lines were there. I bought a replacement engine 2.5l engine from a 1991 jeep yj and installed it a couple of weeks ago. I have been working on it a little here and there over the past 2 weeks. I am almost ready to fire it up for the first time since I have bought it. I am having a very hard time finding any information on the vacuum lines for the engine (not the front disconnect). Does anyone have any diagrams or photographs of vacuum lines they are willing to share?

Thanks for your replies.
Jeremy

jsd1991yj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2012, 05:55 PM   #2
1SASjeepster
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Jeremy,

You could buy a Chiltons or Haynes manual which should have that information in it. You could also do to ADDDATA.com which has all of the OEM manuals on it. You pay a small fee for access.

Take care,

Check out "WWII Jeep Photos AND Restoration of..." if you want to see the original JEEP in action...
1SASjeepster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2012, 05:59 PM   #3
jsd1991yj
1991 YJ Wrangler 

I have the haynes manual and it does not specify the vacuum lines. It only says to properly mark them before disconnecting them so you can re-attach them. I also called my local jeep dealership and they do not have any manuals or diagrams avaialble.
Unread 08-02-2012, 06:24 PM   #4
1SASjeepster
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Then I would check ALLDATADIY.com. They are a reference source for home mechanics and shops for OEM manuals. It is all available for $20-30 a year or for two years PER VEHICLE. Your information would be there. Wish you the best.

Take care,

Check out "WWII Jeep Photos AND Restoration of..." if you want to see the original JEEP in action...
1SASjeepster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2012, 12:01 AM   #5
jsd1991yj
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Late night bump for any pictures??
Unread 08-03-2012, 07:36 AM   #6
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

http://www.jeep4x4center.com/knowled...ex.htm#service

Look through the fsm in the link.
It's for a 93 but it will work.
Que89YJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.