Engine vacuum hose thingy??? Help!!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Engine vacuum hose thingy??? Help!!!

Component speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFGJK Vent Covers - NalinMFGTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 11-03-2010, 07:00 PM   #1
dwdrums40385
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Engine vacuum hose thingy??? Help!!!

this hose was disconnected when i got the jeep, i hooked it up and the engine boggs down after a couple seconds at idle. i don't know whats wrong, i unplugged it again and it idles fine. any suggestions, what is wrong??? here is a picture of the hose. sorry... it wouldnt let me post it any bigger

sorry if i didnt post this in the right thread, i usually use the search bar

justindrums011-1.jpg

dwdrums40385 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2010, 07:07 PM   #2
dwdrums40385
1993 YJ Wrangler 

please help, i know one of you jeep over-achieving people know what the problem is, please help, i am a complete NOOB at this stuff.
Unread 11-03-2010, 07:12 PM   #3
Soldierfoley
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Look for my post on vaccume problem and click the link for "table of contents" I would paste it here but I don't know how. The link has everything you need to know.
Soldierfoley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2010, 07:20 PM   #4
dwdrums40385
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldierfoley View Post
Look for my post on vaccume problem and click the link for "table of contents" I would paste it here but I don't know how. The link has everything you need to know.
yeah, i don't know how, i tried searching but i couldnt find it, kind of new to all this stuff, really sucks not knowing how to do anything
Unread 11-04-2010, 04:11 AM   #5
dodger889
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Fist try use paint program and make an arrow to where you are talking about you hooked up this vacuum line to. That might help a little. Second where is the vacuum line coming from off the manifold or somewhere else. Missing the little details real make it hard to tell you anything. Most of us use photobucket to post pictures with make it a little easier to see them.
Originally Posted by bigsquat View Post
im just cheap, and cheap makes you creative.
dodger889 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2010, 08:05 AM   #6
BigBass
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I have a similar problem with a hose coming off a canister down under the battery. I have no idea what it hook sup to theres nothign near by that screams vacuum line goes here.

Tags
engine , hose , vacuum , YJ

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.