Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

engine trouble - lots sputter

709 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  LucasV 
#1 ·
this may be a carb issue, I'm not sure - anywho I got a 89" yj with a weber carb I installed about 4 months ago (note:factory tuning) and I left it - now my engine is hanging around 500 rpm and sputtering - I know my exhaust has major holes - could that associate? I got a tfx pacesetter I"m going to put in the spring time - also in the cold mornings in mass, I start up my car and for a while it squels - lol like I'm torchering it, and of course I need to keep my foot on gas until it warms up to 210 for it to properly idle at 1000 rpm :\ And I found this weird too - my oil pressure goes to about 50 psi - for the warming up portion but after my gauge reads 210, the oil pressure stays pinned to the left - reading 0, but yet my engine doesn't overheat...I dont understand and I replaced the oil pressure sending unit, still not luck...all is appreciated for you to take the time to read this and help me out - much thanks - Lucas :)

:brickwall

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.