Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Engine swap pictures

6K views 22 replies 12 participants last post by  5.7YJ 
#1 ·
#4 ·
No welding, it was a bolt in mount. I wish I would have just bought the weld in mounts so I had more control of engine placement. I was 3/4" shy of using the black magic fan set up for this radiator. Flex fan works great though. I went through the factory wire harness and removed all unused items and used a Painless wire harness for the engine. Plumbing for the fuel, cooling, and trans cooler were normal swap issues.

#6 ·
Yes, 700R4. Fuel injection is not that complicated at all, so much easier to work with in my opinion. I used to be a carb lover building and working on hot rods but after my first Mustang GT, I was hooked on fuel injection.

#9 ·
Looks like you effed up some of the links, the original post had 7 pics, but your 2nd post only had 5.

I fixed them for you! :thumbsup:

Max :cheers2:

Finally able to post pictures! Here are some pics of my TPI engine in my 87 YJ, nice change from the old 4 cyl.

#11 ·
Thanks everyone. I am using a K&N cone type filter, I will add more pics later. Not much room to run a cold air kit due to the tensioner on one side and the alternator on the other. The engine is out of an 88 corvette, I rebuilt the engine before I installed it. Thanks Max, I saw what I did after the first post.

#17 ·
#21 ·
What linkage did you use for the T-case?
What shifter did you go with? I was thinking a Lokar shifter so it still resembles my manual shifter I had.

Did you replace your pedal assembly or did you start with and automatic in the Jeep prior to your swap?

#23 ·
GRUNT, I used the Novak transfer case shifter, it's a nice t/c shifter. For the transmission, I used a B&M light truck mega shifter. The Lokar is a nice choice though. As for the pedal, I took the pedal assembly out and cut the clutch pedal off.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.