Engine swap nightmare - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Engine swap nightmare

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ Ch

Unread 08-16-2011, 08:38 PM   #16
Bulldogbuggy
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Did it! Don't know what did it but whatever you guys told me to do WORKED!
Then I found a gas leak at the injector where I got one of the o rings in a bind and pinched it. Replaced it and now no leak JEEP runs!
Now to the new problem!
Now it hesitates when I press the gas and I have an oil leak at the valve cover(gasket) gonna replace the gasket!
May move over the plug and wire set from my old engine (just put them on) not sure what could be causing the bogging down.

Bulldogbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-16-2011, 09:23 PM   #17
oldtime_ironman
Web Wheeler
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Great! That will make it a lot easier to figure the rest of it out!

Questions:

Are there any codes stored in the computer?

Is all the vacuum hooked up OK? No leaks? Leaks can cause all kinds of funky weird stuff.
oldtime_ironman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-16-2011, 09:26 PM   #18
oldtime_ironman
Web Wheeler
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Great! That will make it a lot easier to figure the rest of it out!

Questions:

Are there any codes stored in the computer?

Is all the vacuum hooked up OK? No leaks? Leaks can cause all kinds of funky weird stuff.
Unread 08-17-2011, 06:17 AM   #19
nzpete
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I'd also replace the fuel filter, if you haven't already.
Unread 08-17-2011, 06:44 AM   #20
dodger889
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Fix leak then test again. Even the smallest fuel leak could cause a problem.
Originally Posted by bigsquat View Post
im just cheap, and cheap makes you creative.
dodger889 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-17-2011, 08:43 AM   #21
Bulldogbuggy
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Fuel leak fixed, vacuum lines all hooked up, now I am installing new valve cover gasket! Also gonna swap out throttle bodies to see if it is all the gunk built up on this one! Hell I got a whole other engine to rape and pillage! Thanks JF!
Unread 08-17-2011, 08:52 AM   #22
oldtime_ironman
Web Wheeler
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogbuggy View Post
Fuel leak fixed, vacuum lines all hooked up, now I am installing new valve cover gasket! Also gonna swap out throttle bodies to see if it is all the gunk built up on this one! Hell I got a whole other engine to rape and pillage! Thanks JF!
Gunk in the throttle body will do it. Whatever one you use, you should get some solvent and a brush, and clean it out real good. I bet you'll be surprised how good it works. I just found out yesterday that the IAC is working all the time when its running - not just when it starts!
Unread 08-17-2011, 08:31 PM   #23
Bulldogbuggy
1991 YJ Wrangler 

And DONE running great I mean great no shake, shimmy, hesitation, lull, bogging down, no check engine, the Maint REQ. Light comes on occasionally what does that? When it does come in there is nothing different happening just running awesome Need some gear oil too! Had the rear drive shaft out and lost a good bit while I was pulling it to the house when I got it.
Got a block with good head gasket, and all the old crap of my other engine! The crank needs to be turned (spun bearing) willing to part the whole thing out. Let me know I will give you my contact info! I am in eastern north Carolina will ship you pay for it!
Unread 08-20-2011, 11:14 AM   #24
Roadyy
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Check for codes and I'll bet you get an O2 sensor code. Either the sensor is going bad or you have a small exhaust leak somewhere causing a bad reading. Replace the sensor which is just under the passenger door in the down pipe and see if it comes back later. If so then check for exhaust leak or clogging cat.
Roadyy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.