Engine Swap????? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Engine Swap?????

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits

Unread 03-07-2002, 11:42 AM   #1
92Wrangler15

Engine Swap?????

I have the four cyclinder jeep engine, and I was wondering what I would need to switch it to the 6 cyclinder engine?? I dont want the v8 because of the gas milage. Would I need to switch the engine, transmition and ECU????
And how much would it cost??
Also I'm getting a 2.5 inch lift and I was wondering what size of tires I could fit in there?? And how wide can I go???
THANKS FOR HELPING OUT A NEWBIE.

Unread 03-07-2002, 12:44 PM   #2
Steve-0
2009 JK Wrangler 

Just having transmission work done and trying to find the parts, I know that if you go from the 4 banger to the 6 cyl. you HAVE TO CHANGE THE TRANSMISSION!!!! It is an extremely expensive project and you might as well just look around for a different Jeep (unless you are like me and will never part because of sentimental reasons). Price considering, I'm looking at a V8, axle swap, tranny, T-Case, the worx... Good luck...

Join Date > Post Count
Steve-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2002, 01:22 PM   #3
dennisuello
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally posted by 92Wrangler15:
...Also I'm getting a 2.5 inch lift and I was wondering what size of tires I could fit in there?? And how wide can I go???
THANKS FOR HELPING OUT A NEWBIE.
with 2.5 lift you'll be able to fit 32s with some rubbing when flexed. 31s without rubbing.
Unread 03-07-2002, 01:51 PM   #4
Loppy

IMHO, dont polish another turd. Go V8 and be done with it. Best mod I ever done did.
Unread 03-07-2002, 03:30 PM   #5
92Wrangler15

How much would it cost to do the swap?? How much for the engine and transmition?? I can put the engine in with some help. Would I also need a new ECU???? Would I be able to keep the swap under 3k???

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.