Engine Stalling - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Engine Stalling

Save big with ExtremeTerrain.com's Top Spring Mods Sale!Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineJeep Restorations, Mild to Wild! CCOR

Unread 03-07-2001, 02:06 AM   #1
Nine5YJ

Engine Stalling

Hey-

Earlier today I got stuck going over a 3 foot snowbank, and in the process of trying to go over, I engaged 4H and was doing about 2500-3500RPMs. When my foot was fully off the clutch, and i was doing about 2000-2500RPMs at around 10MPH, it stalled twice, and it almosted stalled another two times, but i clutched and gave it gas and recovered. Is my clutch going? I just had it serviced for the 21K about 2 months ago and the service dept didnt say anything. Any input appreciated..

Tom
95 Wrangler S
4Cyl

Unread 03-07-2001, 04:45 AM   #2
Tonka
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I'm willing to bet it's the clutch. I've seperated the lining from the clutch disk, and still made it home with alot of slippage. If you are mechanically inclined, its pretty easy to fix and you will save a few hundred bucks vs. taking it in. please keep me posted on the results. i'll check back in case you have any questions.
'95 wrangler yj 2.5L 4cyl 5spd
Tonka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2001, 12:45 PM   #3
JPMan-TJ

if the clutch was going the vehicle would not stall. it sounds like you may have a problem with the crank angle sensor.

------------------
Raymond
Kansas City,Ks.
2000 TJ Sport 4.0L

Wrangler.AllOffRoad.Com
Midwest Jeep Thing Club
KC Jeep Club

"Paved Roads - Another Form Of Government Waste!"

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.