engine shuts down - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > engine shuts down

Bill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 11-29-2011, 08:19 PM   #1
yj92geep
1992 YJ Wrangler 

engine shuts down

new to forum and jeeps , I have a 92 YJ 2.5 5spd. going to work one day and it just died . talked to some people and they told me to change the CPS
So i did and it ran fine for a while . but now when you start it and drive it for a couple mile it will shut down . Let it sit for a hour and it will start back up and a couple miles later shut down again . I can even start it in the drivway and let it idle for awhile and it will shut down just sitting there . Let it sit awhile and it will start again . would the new CPS be faulty .

yj92geep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2011, 12:51 AM   #2
moonshinefuel
1995 YJ Wrangler 

possible ecm

I would test for the check engine light codes. If ot does not perform the sequences, I would look at possible ecm problems.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.