Engine to muffler is shifted - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 08-18-2009, 01:07 PM Thread Starter
mouthfor4war
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Engine to muffler is shifted

My engine, tranny, exhuast is all shifted. jeep vibrates alot "obviously" i changed the motor mounts and that dint fix it

i looked at this and just started laughing cuz i dint know what else to do lol please help if you can

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 08-18-2009, 01:17 PM
ionakana
Grand Poobah

1994 YJ Wrangler 

you need new motor mounts. Replace both of them and the trans mount while you're at it.

Psalm 14:1

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Live in Georgia? click here-->
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 Old 08-18-2009, 01:18 PM
Xtremjeep
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Have you checked the tranny mount? Looks like it must have broke to be that far off.

post #4 of 7 Old 08-21-2009, 12:39 PM Thread Starter
mouthfor4war
1991 YJ Wrangler 

how hard is it to change the mounts myself? or how much do u think it would cost for them to do it at a shop
post #5 of 7 Old 08-21-2009, 03:03 PM
4.7stroker
1988 YJ Wrangler 

All you need are hand tools and a floor jack.

Dwayne

[url]
Prevent Flat Tappet Cam Failure.

[url]

post #6 of 7 Old 08-21-2009, 03:06 PM
Mean Max
Don't poke the bear

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Do it yourself, I've done many 6 cylinder mounts.

I usually start with the passenger side, and I do one side at a time, and I start by just loosening the large "main bolt" that runs through the motor mount and then leaving it in place, then I remove the bolt & nut that attach the motor mount to the frame, next I use a jack & block of wood on the oil pan and just take the weight off of the mount. Lastly I remove all the bolts that attach the engine mount bracket to the engine block & pull the bracket & mount out as 1 piece & swap the mount on the bench.

When I reinstall the first new mount, the only bolts I tighten are the bolts that secure the bracket to the engine. The remaining bolts are left loose after getting the threads started. This allows the engine to flex around a bit more while doing the second mount.

Make sure to DOUBLE-CHECK all bolts to make sure they're tight when done!

Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimatE View Post
Max has a picture of every Jeep part ever made.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benderff View Post
No one here knows what they are talking about. You should try Pirate 4x4 they will be happy to help you.

There is no situation that cannot be improved with a small but well-placed explosive.
post #7 of 7 Old 08-22-2009, 03:48 AM
MAILEBOY
1993 YJ Wrangler 

When you change your tranny mount, check the bracket that mounts to the trans and t/c, a lot of them crack and or break, that could be your problem, also check the trans torque bolt and bushings, they break also, looks like these 2 things are likely your problem and could have caused your motor mounts to go.....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.