Engine leaking ussue?? (Pics) - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Engine leaking ussue?? (Pics)

Oconee Off-Road Free Shipping Lifts Tires Bumpers Tops andWarn, Smitybilt, Engo, Rugged Ridge Winches at CCORThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 04-10-2010, 05:48 PM   #16
2uraven
1990 YJ Wrangler 

glad to see am not the only one chasing leaks.

2uraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2010, 06:01 PM   #17
pasinbuy
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fernando View Post
my first suggestion would be to spray engine cleaner all over the oily area and power wash it, then watch for leaks, though I am sure you need a new oil pan gasket, you may have more leaks, so the power washing will let you find any others.

This is no big deal, it's a simple fix.
I agree with using degreaser but never power wash your motor for any reason.. The pressure will break gaskets and seals..
pasinbuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2010, 09:33 PM   #18
Fernando
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasinbuy View Post
I agree with using degreaser but never power wash your motor for any reason.. The pressure will break gaskets and seals..
I agree, maybe power washing is not the right word, English is not my first language you see... I use my power washer but at a low setting, low pressure, just a spray but not enough to cause any damage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepHammer
I don't mind writing for Fernando because he reads, and re-reads EVERY WORD!... Good to write for someone that actually READS the answer, and takes time to UNDERSTAND what comes back for an answer!
-------------------------------
Fernando is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2010, 10:29 AM   #19
jeep_maniack
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Yeah I just used my hose... Did the trick. But the jeep sat this weekend so I can't notice any leaks since I degreased it but I guess we will wait and see! I need to get a power washer too.. They are convenient.
Thanks guys, still waiting!
()_)=o()_)=o=)_)__-_-__-__-_-___
jeep_maniack is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.