Engine leaking ussue?? (Pics) - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Engine leaking ussue?? (Pics)

WJ Shackle Tabs: Tow-Hook Replacements2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 04-10-2010, 05:48 PM   #16
2uraven
1990 YJ Wrangler 

glad to see am not the only one chasing leaks.

2uraven is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-10-2010, 06:01 PM   #17
pasinbuy
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fernando View Post
my first suggestion would be to spray engine cleaner all over the oily area and power wash it, then watch for leaks, though I am sure you need a new oil pan gasket, you may have more leaks, so the power washing will let you find any others.

This is no big deal, it's a simple fix.
I agree with using degreaser but never power wash your motor for any reason.. The pressure will break gaskets and seals..
pasinbuy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-10-2010, 09:33 PM   #18
Fernando
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasinbuy View Post
I agree with using degreaser but never power wash your motor for any reason.. The pressure will break gaskets and seals..
I agree, maybe power washing is not the right word, English is not my first language you see... I use my power washer but at a low setting, low pressure, just a spray but not enough to cause any damage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepHammer
I don't mind writing for Fernando because he reads, and re-reads EVERY WORD!... Good to write for someone that actually READS the answer, and takes time to UNDERSTAND what comes back for an answer!
-------------------------------
Fernando is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-11-2010, 10:29 AM   #19
jeep_maniack
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Yeah I just used my hose... Did the trick. But the jeep sat this weekend so I can't notice any leaks since I degreased it but I guess we will wait and see! I need to get a power washer too.. They are convenient.
Thanks guys, still waiting!
()_)=o()_)=o=)_)__-_-__-__-_-___
jeep_maniack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.