engine conversion - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > engine conversion

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Nitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wdGear Packages Available! Your # 1 Diff Shop is ROCKRIDGE 4

Unread 02-13-2002, 01:47 AM   #16
87JeepWrangler

hey NaeKid,

"If things go well, I should be able to do it all for under $2000 Canadian"

what engine/trans/xfer you plan on using to keep the cost down so low?

Unread 02-13-2002, 06:09 PM   #17
RPjeepster24
1988 YJ Wrangler 

thanks for all the replys, that supercharged 2.5 with nearly 300hp sounds interesting, I owuld assume many other performance mods would have to be made for the engine to take it, the only reason that i would go with the 4.0 instead of the v-8 is gas milage, I think that if i get a 4.0 and with my 8" lift and 35s, it would get pretty bad gas milage, I woulld imagine 14 per gallon, if i went with the v-8 I bet that i could get the same gas milage with the right carb or injection system, with it still living up to v-8 power expectations, anyone have an opinion on the gas milage aspect between the 4.0 and a v-8 that would be pulling a 8" lift and 35's?
I am the owner of the "Jeepvette," My Life-Long Project is complete-Just in time for it to provide my new bride and I some financial relief, see the awesome video's and pics at my website: http://jeepvette.com/ I plan to get my wife and I a more family friendly Jeep, you'll understand if you go to the site : )
RPjeepster24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2002, 06:40 PM   #18
my litte red yj

well i am having my engine bored and ceramic coated pistons installed i was going to do a v6 or v8 but with the light weight rear end for get it and emissionsv welding no way
my litte red yj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2002, 10:08 AM   #19
RPjeepster24
1988 YJ Wrangler 

my litte red yj
Member # 1304
posted 02-13-2002 05:40 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
well i am having my engine bored and ceramic coated pistons installed i was going to do a v6 or v8 but with the light weight rear end for get it and emissionsv welding no way

-well I am interested what you think the power increase well be with that done, do you know how much it will cost?
I am the owner of the "Jeepvette," My Life-Long Project is complete-Just in time for it to provide my new bride and I some financial relief, see the awesome video's and pics at my website: http://jeepvette.com/ I plan to get my wife and I a more family friendly Jeep, you'll understand if you go to the site : )
Unread 02-15-2002, 01:07 PM   #20
RPjeepster24
1988 YJ Wrangler 

anyone have decent emmisions on a V-8 (jeep wrangler or CJ)?

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.