Engine bolt kit - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Engine bolt kit

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineDan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 08-12-2013, 09:54 PM   #1
bigbossd1030
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Engine bolt kit

I have a post with the same question further down, but it was in a thread of mine regarding another issue. So I figured I would post it in a new thread. So it might get more traffic.
So I am looking for an engine bolt kit for my 242. I have scoured the interweb looking for such a kit and the closet I found said it was for my jeep, almost. It said, 91 and up, jeep 6 cylinder engines. Here's the confusing part.. It said 240ci!!! What! So I tried to get a quote and I suppose they don't ship to Canada. I forgot the name, ill edit it back in.
So then I found a site called alloyboltz.com, they have a kit, but it's for the 258, not the 242. I am just wondering if anyone knows if most or all of the bolts would be the same size. Here is the page http://alloyboltz.com/catalog/produc...eqiq4vkh534aOkay, so I found a site called alloybolyz.com, they have a kit, but it's for the 258, not the 242. I am just wondering if anyone knows if most or all of the bolts would be the same size. Here is the page http://alloyboltz.com/catalog/produc...eqiq4vkh534aa2
Am I going to have to rip apart an engine at the JY? I was really hoping to find new. Oh and also I have checked the fsm and I did not see any listing of bolts sizes and where they go and how many I would need.

So as my last resort, the pick and pull here has a 97 XJ, if it is a 4l, would most of the components bolts be the same?
Thanks for any help. Oh and to explain why I am looking for all of this, I have a remand engine I got from a member here, and it obviously doesn't have all of the bolts or brackets. So I am trying to basically throw all new parts at this thing and have it almost completely ready to just drop in and hook up.

Sent from my iPhone, probably because I am bored at work.

[COLOR="Blue"]OFFICIAL JEEPER[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Red"]Any Jeepers in Edmonton, AB
I am on channel 33.[/COLOR]
I live, I ride, I am JEEP.
bigbossd1030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2013, 01:42 PM   #2
XJ93
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Just buy a bolt kit from Morris 4x4 or Q-tec, save yourself some headache.
XJ93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2013, 03:17 PM   #3
bigbossd1030
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJ93
Just buy a bolt kit from Morris 4x4 or Q-tec, save yourself some headache.
They don't list my jeeps engine or year. That's where I was going to buy from.

Unread 08-13-2013, 03:39 PM   #4
XJ93
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Call customer service at Q-tec, they have someone that should be able to help you. Or try the stealership.
XJ93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2013, 06:00 PM   #5
bigbossd1030
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Okay so according to John from quadratecs live chat this kit http://www.quadratec.com/products/51105_006.htm
Will work with my 242.
Thanks for the help.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.