Engin dies during fast stops - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Engin dies during fast stops

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 02-07-2002, 05:12 PM   #1
BigD

Engin dies during fast stops

Got a problem with my 89 yj during stopping. When I apply the breaks to stop everythings fine,till I push in the clutch. RPMs fall right off till it stalls. Think its a vacuum leak, but can't seem to find it. Any suggestions???

BigD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2002, 05:44 PM   #2
BTowe

BigD, that may or may not be vacuum related. I had the same thing on my 87. What carb and engine do you have? My 4.2 with Carter 2bbl did the same thing. I even upped the idle some to keep it from happening. The cause I found was a leak in the carb. If you have this set up, I know of a web site that tells you how to repair this leak. It worked for me.
BTowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2002, 06:25 PM   #3
BigD

Thanks B Towe. I have the same set up you have. Yes I would be very interested in that site to fix the leak. What is it??
BigD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2002, 03:49 PM   #4
NOVA Jeeper56

BigD,
check your EGR,
NOVA Jeeper56 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.