Emissions/exhaust problem - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Emissions/exhaust problem

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 07-09-2010, 09:40 AM   #1
clinkous
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Emissions/exhaust problem

Sorry for the thread hopping.....dumb new guy here.

Okay, I smell fumes in the cab of my jeep. I have read the other threads and can't figure this out. I have droped the tank and changed the hose's all the way up to the vent canister. The only time I smell the fumes is when I let off the gas and gear down. Is it possable I have an exhaust problem? I have let the jeep idle for up to an hour in my drive way as i inspected the entire exhaust system and can't seem to find a leak.

I really am at wit's end here.

clinkous is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2010, 09:52 AM   #2
clinkous
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Okay, so I have all next week off work so I am going to drop my tank and check everything on the tank, I am going to check all the hoses and the canister again. As stated I do not have a roll over valve, i'm sure there should be one but over the years someone has removed it.

If I find anything I will post it. If anyone has had the exact same problem as mine I would appriciate some advise. I only smell it when the engine has back pressure on it.

Sorry for clogging up the Threads. Chris
clinkous is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
yj , wrangler yj , fumes , exhaust , leak , emission

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.