EMISS MAINT Light - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > EMISS MAINT Light

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake LineCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 04-04-2002, 11:04 AM   #1
Hendrickson

EMISS MAINT Light

any recommendations on how to remove this...?

Thanks

Hendrickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2002, 02:19 PM   #2
dcbeer

need a litle more info... Year and Engine???

If it is a 4.2 from the late 1980's I believe you can unplug the timer, it is on the firewall next to the heat duct (I think)
Unread 04-04-2002, 02:45 PM   #3
flashJP

why do u want to remove it?
mine was on for a while, turned out to be a timer that tracks miles and engine hours was up and that made the light go on and stay on---i just took out that timer and solved the emiss maint light prob
15x7 OutLaw II
NEW: distributor cap,rotor,spark plugs,wires,fuel filter,ccv&pcv, steelhorse console...
flashJP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2002, 03:32 PM   #4
Hendrickson

Thanks for getting back to me... Its an 89 4 cyl... I ended up going in the dash and pulling out the bulb.. all set now..

thanks again
Hendrickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2002, 06:19 PM   #5
dcbeer

that will work too...

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.