Emergency ignition hook up - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Emergency ignition hook up

ECGS Fall Sale - 10% Off EVERYTHING!!Gear Packages Available! Your # 1 Diff Shop is ROCKRIDGE 4ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 02-02-2013, 11:27 AM   #1
stumper
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Emergency ignition hook up

Hey need some help I just bought another YJ 89 6cylinder. The P.O. Was a electrical hack. It has am MSD ignition system and on the way home she stopped no spark. I know a little about these systems and with a by the side of the road evaluation I believe the MSD module is blown. I plan on wiring up a jeep system an just tie it up to get it home. On the jeep module I plan on running the black wire to grnd and to the black wire on the dizzy. The orange to dizzy orange. The purple to dizzy purple. The green to the negative on the coil. The red to 12volt positive and coil positive. I think this will work PLEASE advise.

stumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2013, 12:28 PM   #2
Jeepsr4me

Jeepsr4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2013, 03:21 PM   #3
stumper
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Worked like a champ. I could not have done this with out all the knowledge I have picked up on this forum!! Thanks
stumper is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.