Electrical mystery.... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Electrical mystery....

Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 07-23-2005, 08:33 AM   #1
Arc

Electrical mystery....

Driving a 95 YJ and twice in the last 6 mo. now when travelling at night I've experienced a total power failure (lights, ign, etc) that only lasts for a couple of seconds then comes back on. I've checked battery leads and alternator and they're all tight and working properly. Seems kind of odd it's only happened at night both times. Any ideas? I'd like to get to the bottom of this before it gets me or the wife to the bottom of a embankment...

Arc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2005, 08:50 AM   #2
Jeepsdontfloat

I'd check the battery positrive connection at the fuse box. The fuse box under the hood has the battery connection on its side make sure theats ok. I broke mine when I changed battweries and didnt find out till the next morning no power start anything.

Nows a good time to check braided ground straps also. If youj replace any be sure to remember the star washer between the strap and frame.
Unread 07-24-2005, 12:33 PM   #3
Arc

checked that out, everything looks fine there and the ground is good as well, damned if I know what's causing this but I'll keep looking
Arc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2005, 02:26 PM   #4
Alfons
1992 YJ Wrangler 

I've noticed on Jeep wiring schematics that there's an "Auto-Shutdown" module - I'm not sure of exactly what this does, but it may be something worth looking into.
Alfons is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2005, 08:34 PM   #5
Raindem
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Are there any trouble codes?

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.