Electrical-Gauge/Buzzer/Reverse Lights Circut - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Electrical-Gauge/Buzzer/Reverse Lights Circut

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 08-19-2009, 07:37 PM   #1
BadAddetude
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Electrical-Gauge/Buzzer/Reverse Lights Circut

Here it is:

Fuse #9 on the interior panel, 15A, labeled 'IGN/LPS'. I keep popping the fuses. The problem is, it is very sporadic. Last weekend I put 150 miles on a single fuse, and on a short 2-mile run down the street it popped.

I have a serious hot wore going to ground, as I can hear the fuse blow, with relative authority. I've searched this, and it showed that several others have had similar symptoms, but were vague with a solution to it.

My question is: What (or where) could the short be that is causing the fuse to blow?

1995 YJ: 4.0, 700R4, 231 C/J case, TeraFlex SS SYE/CV shaft, 8.8 with 3.73 gears, 136 Amp Alternator, Trans Cooler, Pavement Ends Flip-top/H-T, 2'' BDS Suspension Lift, MORE 5/8' Greasables, Sony GT-210 Xplode Head.

Under the Knife! See the build thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/badaddetudes-build-project-hrp-602142/
BadAddetude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2009, 09:53 PM   #2
BadAddetude
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Get a bump for the Night crew here...
1995 YJ: 4.0, 700R4, 231 C/J case, TeraFlex SS SYE/CV shaft, 8.8 with 3.73 gears, 136 Amp Alternator, Trans Cooler, Pavement Ends Flip-top/H-T, 2'' BDS Suspension Lift, MORE 5/8' Greasables, Sony GT-210 Xplode Head.

Under the Knife! See the build thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=602142
Unread 08-20-2009, 10:07 AM   #3
BadAddetude
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Nobody wants to help me out here?

Under the Knife! See the build thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=602142
Unread 04-09-2013, 03:37 AM   #4
Prokyone
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Did you ever get your problem fixed? I have a 92 YJ which is having a similar problem. I noticed my volt meter on the dash goes down quit a bit when I put my jeep in reverse.
Prokyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2013, 03:34 PM   #5
JWELK
1995 YJ Wrangler 

You are going to have do some circuit tracing. Do you have a soldering iron and meter? If not get them. 30 watts will do. Home Depot has a good selection, gas is nice as you can use them in the field.
You will need a back up bulb and appropriate socket.
After you have acquired these, get one of your open (blown) fuses and look for the two metal tabs on the top. Solder the back up light socket to these tabs. Install the light bulb and insert the fuse into the #9 slot. When the light lights you have your short. So now start wiggling wires, you already know what stops working when the short occurs. This may take some time look in obvious places where the wire may chafe.
Let us know what you find

Regards,

Jim W
JWELK is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.