Electric fan temp sensor - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Electric fan temp sensor

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Warrior Products @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 07-07-2013, 06:43 PM   #16
Mywrangler94
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I'm doing the conversion also. My question is this...do ALL probes have the same thread? I ask this because I've got the Saab set-up. With this one I want to tap into the upper radiator hose EXACTLY like Saab does it. From Saab, a new tap is 90.00. From Flex A Lite, its 51.00. Will the Saab sensor fit the Flex A Lite tap? Or, is it a different thread? Just trying to collect all I have to before I get into it and find out I need something else. Thanks guys...

Mywrangler94 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-07-2013, 07:39 PM   #17
Sparrows
It's coming...

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Check my build thread. I'm on mobile so I can't figure out how to link properly but I set mine up slightly different from everyone else. I just got a parts store adjustable controller with a probe for like $40.00 and wired it into the "high" setting and ran a switch to the cab for constant low if I need to over ride it. Works perfectly for me.

Cheers
Sparrows is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-07-2013, 10:16 PM   #18
DirtKar
I pledge allegiance.

1993 YJ Wrangler 

I used the Hayden controller with a probe and it works like a champ. As far as air cooling the probe I used the auxiliary cooler mounting strap thingies to keep it securely in the fins and also shield it from any wind.
YJOTM JULY 2014
DirtKar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2013, 06:06 PM   #19
lah2420
1995 YJ Wrangler 

After finding all 1 Volvos in this area has been robbed already, I've been piecing together the parts for this fan. The only thing I am lacking is a high current relay to hook up to the high side of the Taurus fan. I know it shouldn't have to be used according to all I've read, but I would like the option to manually turn it on if needed. There aren't many choices out there except in solenoid style. Is that what is recommended? I've looked at this, but am not sure if it is continuous duty or not: http://www.amazon.com/automotive/dp/B001PNMBE4
lah2420 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2013, 08:01 PM   #20
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

This bosch is just the ticket.

http://www.texasindustrialelectric.c...0332002150.asp

I was able to find them online for about $18 each at solarseller.com
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-23-2013, 11:49 AM   #21
lah2420
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks. I had been looking at that. It apparently is now a Tyco V23232D0001X001. Or BR-5000 on Amazon. On order now.
Unread 08-02-2013, 06:09 PM   #22
lah2420
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Just an FYI for anyone who wants part numbers. Here's what I ended up piecing together in parts and a schematic of how I wired it. Not finished yet as I broke a hose clamp putting my radiator hose back on and won't make a trip to town just for that.

19953.8L Sable fan
Projectbox from Radio Shack 7x4 7/8x3
2on-off-on 275-0711 Toggle switches from Radio Shack
112v 30/40A relay 275-0001 from Radio Shack
Tyco BR5000 V23232-D0001-X001 75 amp relay--Amazon
TorqFlo control from Autozone. 733653
80 amp circuit breaker--Ebay
40 amp self resetting breaker—Autozone
ATC fuse holder and 7.5A fuse--Autozone
taurus-fan-wiring.jpg  
Unread 08-09-2013, 06:18 PM   #23
lah2420
1995 YJ Wrangler 

All finished. A couple of runs made with no issues over the last week. Temp runs very close to what it did with the clutch fan. It cycles on and off cleanly. Low and High bypasses work. Ran it today around the interstate at 65 to 70 with temps in the low 100s. Gauge showed about a needle's width above the 210 mark, so that looked normal. Those who use their butt dynos must be more sensitive than me. Or else mine is broken. I didn't see any noticeable difference, but the jeep only gets driven on Saturday for the most part. Guess I'll wait and see if there is any change in mpg or not. Either way, this is just my play toy. I like doing things like this to it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.