electric fan for a 2.5 question - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > electric fan for a 2.5 question

~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Want to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under Coil Spring Options from Ruffstuff!

Unread 06-24-2013, 09:54 AM   #16
usmc0331
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Nice pics Jimbo...thanks...i am such a noob to this i still am having doubts in myself to do this. I will show a friend these pics and see if they can decipher. when it comes to sparky...i have no skills...

usmc0331 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-24-2013, 10:57 AM   #17
jimbos76cj
1989 YJ Wrangler 

The big solenoid is realy easy. There are 2 big screws and 2 small. One big one gets power from the batt and the other goes to the fan. When its not switched the contacts between the two big lugs are open so no current goes through it. If you wanted the easiest set up possible you can make a jumper to go from the batt side of the solenoid to one of the small leads. Then run your solenoid ground wire to the temp sender and when the motor heats up it will close the contacts in the temp sensor and ground out the solenoid causing it to close the contacts and turning the fan on.

That's the easiest way. Only down side of this way is when ever your motor is over 180 degrees it will turn the fan off.. You go out for a drive and when you park the fan will run until the coolant in the head drops below 165.

The next easiest way to wire it is to find a 12v ignition hot wire and run that to one small lug in the solenoid the. Run the ground through the sender like above. Now it will shut off when your ignition off.

After that you can run either wire to a switch in the cab to allow you to turn it on and off as you wish.

There are some very cheap controllers and some very expensive.. You can make wiring a fan as expensive and difficult as you want. I like KISS.

If you need help let me know.. I can talk you through it.
88 YJ 35's 8.8 rear, family style roll bar, ax-15 external slave conversion, Custom double D fab dash 4" of lift taurus fan, Head light wiring upgrade, MSD 6al, JB conversions SYE, 258 with RV cam, Long tube headers, Borla exhaust. 1"mm, Auto meter gauges.
jimbos76cj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.