ECU Replacement...where? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > ECU Replacement...where?

*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineExtremeTerrain GROUP BUY: Barricade Rear Bumpers/Tire Carr

Unread 07-11-2012, 10:24 AM   #1
matnic
1994 YJ Wrangler 

ECU Replacement...where?

I have read the thread about doing the brain surgery, but I don't do electrical, and don't even have a soldering gun or other electrical stuff, so I figured it would be easier and relatively cheaper to just replace the whole computer. Where would I find one, and am I wrong that it will be cheaper? I thought I read another thread that said it was around $60...figure instead of trying (and most likely failing, due to lack of electrical skills) to do the surgery, I'd just replace the whole thing.

Thanks

matnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2012, 11:48 AM   #2
Old4X
1990 CJ7 

NAPA and other major parts stores carries a line of rebuilt computers. No new ones available any more.
Unread 07-11-2012, 12:19 PM   #3
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Chris

Cfoffroad.com

Tell him Que sent you.
Que89YJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
computer , ecu

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.