ebay 2100 MC carbs - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > ebay 2100 MC carbs

Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Yukon Hardcore Locking hubs Dana 44!! CCOR 706-207-4140Truc-Lite LED Headlights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955

Unread 08-21-2013, 08:17 AM   #16
jeepfreak304
1984 CJ7 

The EBAY carb guy is trouble---stay away from him.

jeepfreak304 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-21-2013, 09:27 AM   #17
superj
1987 YJ Wrangler 

he is a member on one of the smaller jeep forums, if you would like to get ahold of him that way. jeepz.com and i think the screen name is gronk.
Unread 08-21-2013, 10:29 AM   #18
ferriolom
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Bought a carb from him over a year ago and have had zero troubles.
ferriolom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-21-2013, 04:10 PM   #19
rocketboy

1989 YJ Wrangler 

This thread is from 2007...

I got a carb from him a few weeks ago. Jeep runs like a top.
rocketboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-21-2013, 05:46 PM   #20
superj
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Yup. Updating the old posts
Unread 08-21-2013, 06:04 PM   #21
packdog
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Adapter Plate

I realize this is an old thread, but I found it using the search. I offer this information in case someone else stumbles across it the same way I did.

One of the posts asks about an adapter plate. I believe this is the one you need to use if you are using a junkyard carb. It is the Trans-Dapt p/n 2086.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/trd-2086

I helped another jeeper install a 2100 on his Jeep and the junkyard just happened to have this adapter laying around,.... at least the adapter we used was in a Summit box with this part number, so I can't be 100% positive that the adapter in the box was actually the one that was marked on the box.
packdog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-21-2013, 06:29 PM   #22
superj
1987 YJ Wrangler 

That looks like the one from Mr gasket also.
Unread 08-29-2013, 07:52 AM   #23
jeepfreak304
1984 CJ7 

Do NOT buy your carburetor from Mr. EBAY!! I recently bought one and the top air horn was bent! Not a scratch on it either which means it was like that when it was shipped. And if you try to get in touch with him-FORGET IT!! No communication whatsoever. Guys, do yourself a favor and buy the Weber 32/36 for your 258. I tried the Weber kit after dealing with Mr. Error on EBAY, and it was so easy to install! I didn't even have to adjust the carb after installation. My Jeep now idles like glass, and has great acceleration. The motorcraft has nothing on the Weber, try it and see!!
Unread 08-29-2013, 08:22 AM   #24
Rproject
Web Wheeler

1987 YJ Wrangler 

I bought my MC2150 from the ebay guy. Including removal of the old carb, the entire project took about 4 hours, and I'm rather mechanically reclined under the hood. Carb runs GREAT! Everything went together as described and it's a HUGE improvement over the Carter POS.

The "sideways" build thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/r...hread-2164793/
Rproject is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-29-2013, 08:36 AM   #25
rocketboy

1989 YJ Wrangler 

^^^Same with me. My MC2150 arrived quickly, and in good condition. It was easy to install and my Jeep runs great. I did have to communicate a few times with the guy and, while his responses were not instantaneous, I always got a response. ,
rocketboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-31-2013, 05:34 PM   #26
jeepfreak304
1984 CJ7 

Beware of the e-bay guy with the mc2100

Had bad experiences with this Ebay guy. I call him Mr. "Error". Bought a damaged carburetor from him, sent it back, and the guy denies my refund!! What a low-life. Getting it worked out through Ebay though. Beware of this guy. Buy a Weber instead, you will not regret it!
Unread 08-31-2013, 08:51 PM   #27
sptrmike

1989 YJ Wrangler 

I bought one of his brand new 2150's, piece of crap not even a motorcraft, its a cheap third world knock off and my yj ran like crap.I had to contact ebay to get my money back,ended up bushing the body of my old one (that I paid $30.00 for) and put a new throtle shaft in,my jeep has never run better. If you people want a motorcraft and don't want to get one from a bone yard or can't find one,contact summit racing the tech dept can give you the phone# to holley thats who remans theyre motorcraft carbs, tell the guys at holley what you want for a carb,they will give you a part# to give to summit. You will pay less than what the ebay guy charges and the carb will be built right. The ebay guy gives himself a pretty big write up, personaly I dont think he knows what he's doing
sptrmike is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-01-2013, 05:45 AM   #28
mudsweatNgearz
1987 YJ Wrangler 

I bought one from him couple years ago and it's been perfect. Bolted it on, hit the starter and she popped right off and ran like a top. One of the best mods for the 258.
Unread 09-01-2013, 05:50 AM   #29
Rproject
Web Wheeler

1987 YJ Wrangler 

The ebay guy openly admits that his early products were a little rough and that he's been improving as he goes along, so IMHO, rating him on something he did 5 years ago is not fair. He also states that adjustments will need to be made after installation to fine tune the carb to your engine. It's not just a "drop and go" upgrade. After I did mine, I took it to my mechanic buddy who went through it, verified the installation was clean, then fine tune adjusted it. It was running "OK" when I brought it to my buddy, but after 15 minutes of experienced hands under the hood, it ran WAY better.

The "sideways" build thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/r...hread-2164793/
Rproject is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-02-2013, 09:26 PM   #30
sptrmike

1989 YJ Wrangler 

Yeah, and rough country springs are the best you can get for a jeep!
sptrmike is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.