Earthcrosser, my 1992 YJ build (of sorts) - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Earthcrosser, my 1992 YJ build (of sorts)

JK specific skid plates from Clayton Off Road Mfg.RCV Heavy Duty Axle Shafts Now Shipping at Baseline4x4.comStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 01-11-2011, 02:32 PM   #31
57plymouth
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Went for a ride to the pond in the snow.

Unread 01-11-2011, 02:52 PM   #32
jmmorgan82

How's that rack holding up after almost a year?
jmmorgan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2011, 03:19 PM   #33
VooDuuChild
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Wow, if your buddy ever comes back to the country, he's gonna cry he let that baby go. It was so clean to start with and is now uber-clean! Any plans on a mild (or wild) lift and tires?

Looks great!
VooDuuChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2011, 05:49 PM   #34
57plymouth
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmmorgan82 View Post
How's that rack holding up after almost a year?
Squeaks a bit where the left rear support tube connects to the rack. I have to give it a quick hit of WD40 every other month or so. Only complaint I have about it.

Yeah, Stan saw it when he was in town last. He was none too happy to say the least!

I also broke a front turn signal. No idea where or when. I bought two replacements off e-bay for $11 shipped. I need to give them a quick hit of that blackout paint before I replace the bad one.

I'd like to put a lift on it. BUT... My wife drives it to work every now and then. The lights on the rack clear to parking garage she is in by ONE inch now. If I lift it, I have to pull the rack every time she drives it. I would like a SOA and some real tires. I honestly can't justify the lift, but I also can't justify a lot of stuff I've spent money on in the past.
Unread 01-11-2011, 05:52 PM   #35
57plymouth
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Here's a gratuitous shot of the front...

I have also found that the camo pattern I have selected is not optimal. I could still see it from the tree stand.

Unread 01-11-2011, 05:59 PM   #36
ms198
1985 CJ7 

why use a treestand? i just park my jeep facing the area i expect to shoot in and wait. they don't care what color it is if it isn't moving.
ms198 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2011, 06:11 PM   #37
ncreptile
1994 YJ Wrangler 

You have done a beautiful job on that jeep. I dont usually care for the black grill with another body color but it works for yours.
Unread 01-11-2011, 07:17 PM   #38
Yonco
2008 JK Wrangler 

Very clean jeep! You did a great job, It looks well laid out.

OLD YJ: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/1991-yj-project-quickie-1146445/
Yonco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2011, 10:56 AM   #39
57plymouth
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms198 View Post
why use a treestand? i just park my jeep facing the area i expect to shoot in and wait. they don't care what color it is if it isn't moving.
That was actually a joke. The season is over here, and I walk back to the stand.

Thanks for the compliments guys. I still have some small things I want to do when I have a few coins.

Plus, it's started leaking oil. I'm using that as a reason to build up a stroker motor. Maybe in a few years...
Unread 02-07-2011, 06:08 AM   #40
57plymouth
1992 YJ Wrangler 

I finally got around to changing the fluid in the differentials. Mobil 1 gear lube has gone up since I last bought some!

Came home from church and saw half of the O2 sensor hanging down. So I replaced the O2 sensor and zip tied the wires to the transmission cooler lines to keep them out of the way.

Tried to remove the front track bar. I took the rear off when I replaced the exhaust, but never got around to the front. I could not get the bolt for the driver's side to break loose, so I left it in place for right now. No amount of PB Blaster and impact wrench would break it loose.

The vacuum actuator is still acting up on the front axle. The problem is that the connections are rusty, so it's not getting full vacuum. I'm trying to decide if I want to replace the vacuum motor or put on a homemade posilock setup. I was able to get the front axle to disconnect with my mityvac pump, but the light is still on so I think I didn't get the full range of motion out of the motor and that's triggering the light to stay on.

Thoughts? Advice?
Unread 02-07-2011, 09:30 AM   #41
rinking
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Nice looking rig! It would look really sweet with a 4" lift and 33"s with black rims! As for parking garage clearance, sell that rack for more than you paid for it. I really love how you painted the black part on your doors. Very sharp!
rinking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2011, 07:55 PM   #42
57plymouth
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Rack stays. I use it too much to take it off.

But thank you for the compliments!
Unread 02-09-2011, 11:35 AM   #43
57plymouth
1992 YJ Wrangler 

I sealed the vacuum connector to the front axle CAD with some RTV. The ports have some rust on them, so they were not sealing to the rubber connector. Now the CAD works perfectly, the engine is running better since the vacuum leak is sealed, and the increased vacuum signal has the heater doors working right and the heater is actually warming the cab.

All in all, a good day!
Unread 08-20-2011, 07:02 AM   #44
57plymouth
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Figured out I am an idiot and the A/C compressor was engaged all the time. Guess I should have read the owner's manual.

MPG went from 14 to 16.7!

Installed and broke a home made posi-lock since I updated this. I'm going to balance the front drive shaft and lock the fork over on the axle.

Of course, that is if I don't sell it first.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.