Earthcrosser, my 1992 YJ build (of sorts) - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Earthcrosser, my 1992 YJ build (of sorts)

New Product Release: Flowmaster CA Legal Direct-Fit CatalyPartsHubDirect: Hella LED Lighting, HID Xenon, Headlamps, Hella Rallye 1000 Series 12-Volt/55-Watt Black Magic Halog

Unread 01-23-2010, 02:30 PM   #16
Ingle47
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Looks good $6 well spent good job on the paint and i like the roof rack too

[COLOR="Black"][FONT="Showcard Gothic"]'05 Black WK Limited 4.7 /2" Daystar Poly/ rooftop tent/ cobra 29 ltb classic/ 265-75-17 Dynapro MTs/ Procomp 7" driving lights/ Saguaro switch panel/ 1.5" ws/ SuperChip/ [/COLOR][/FONT]

[COLOR="Blue"]'99 Blue WJ 4.7 / Stock[/COLOR]

[COLOR="White"]'89 YJ 4.2 /SOA/ 35-12.50-15 Tsl/ Cobra 29 LTB Classic/ XRC8/ Tube Fenders/ Side Armor/ 8.8" rear/ 1.25 WS/ [/COLOR]
Ingle47 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-23-2010, 07:22 PM   #17
57plymouth
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leans93 View Post
Looks good! What did you do to the front turn signals? Did you paint them or buy them in the dark/black color?
I painted them with VHT Nite Shades paint. I put on four coats, and the can says that more than three is too much. I tested them after three, and wanted just a little more. They are too dark for the parking lights to show, but the turn signals are still very clear in bright daylight. I'm very happy, as I hate yellow lenses on cars.
Unread 02-14-2010, 04:10 PM   #18
57plymouth
1992 YJ Wrangler 

After drilling out those stupid torx bolts on the windshield frame, I have my roof rack on. It's off a TJ, so I had to re-drill the front mounting brackets. I took the lights that came with it off until I get them wired up. I guess I could have left them on, but it didn't.

Unread 06-02-2010, 03:28 PM   #19
57plymouth
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Herculined the interior. I must have put it on too thick. I did not coat the tailgate or the interior walls and used the entire gallon. Oh well, I'm happy with it.

I broke two bolts holding the roll cage in, so I gave up. I know, I'm a wimp but I don't really care. I also coated the door jambs where I kept scratching up the paint. I planned to coat that area when I painted the Jeep, so I didn't do a great job of prepping under the red paint, and it looked rough. The Herc covered a lot of sins there. I also didn't take a lot of time to tape up and get a hard clean line at the joint between the floor and the walls. I plan to put the carpet back in after the Herc cures for a week or two. The purpose of this Herc job was to coat the floors for the two months that the Jeep sits at Edisto Island during shrimp season so I wouldn't have to worry about salt water killing the floors. Also for sound deadening since this is my daily driver the other 10 months of the year.

Unread 06-02-2010, 06:47 PM   #20
plym49
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Really nice. I like the gray hammertone. Tell me about that rack: can you remove the top with the rack in place? It looks like you can't fold the w/s with the rack; too bad.
plym49 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-02-2010, 08:07 PM   #21
57plymouth
1992 YJ Wrangler 

It's a Warrior Products rack I got used with 6 KC lights for $100. It is attached to the windshield hinge, so it must be removed to fold the windshield. I usually pull the pins on the rear legs, then I can swing the soft top frame past the rack. I can feed the fabric in place with the rack in place. It adds about 30 more seconds to folding the soft top. Let's face it, folding the soft top isn't a breeze anyway.

I have to pull all four pins and lift the rack off to swap the hardtop on and off.

If I hadn't found this one so cheap, I would not have bought it. It would be nice to have one that swings away, and that does not have the large inverted V shaped brackets bolted to the tub. I wanted a rack, and this one was cheap, so I put it on.
Unread 06-02-2010, 08:23 PM   #22
Tompatt
1987 YJ Wrangler 

this maybe the cheapest build yet. haha. looking good man.
Tompatt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-03-2010, 06:45 AM   #23
57plymouth
1992 YJ Wrangler 

I've got just over $900 in the Jeep altogether.

Lots of used and e-bay parts, and the paint was leftover. Tires were new, but marked down closeouts. The Herc was on sale, which is why I used it over Upol Raptor. Even the radio was a Black Thursday sale.
Unread 08-25-2010, 06:37 AM   #24
57plymouth
1992 YJ Wrangler 

I still have been to lazy to take a photo with the soft top on.

But here it is with the top off. I got caught in the rain at a fund raiser BBQ I was working at with the top at home. There was water standing in it about 1 inch below the door openings. Oh well. It took the CD player a week to start working right again.

Unread 08-25-2010, 06:45 AM   #25
Poke
runtime error = 0

2015 YJ Wrangler 

Did your rhino line over your floor plugs? I took mine out and intentionally lost them a year ago.
Poke is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-25-2010, 08:54 AM   #26
57plymouth
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokeman View Post
Did your rhino line over your floor plugs? I took mine out and intentionally lost them a year ago.
Of course I did. Don't be silly.

I guess I need to break out the razor blade and resolve that situation.
Unread 08-25-2010, 12:10 PM   #27
DippinandJeepin

Where did you get those Jeep decals with the skulls????
DippinandJeepin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-26-2010, 06:06 AM   #28
57plymouth
1992 YJ Wrangler 

I bought some reproduction Jeep decals and some Punisher skulls off E-bay. I put the skulls on, then peeled the two "e's" off the Jeep decal and used the J and P. It's not just one pre-made set.
Unread 08-26-2010, 10:32 AM   #29
DippinandJeepin

Oh ok. Thanks! I mite do that with mine...I hate the Yellow Jeep stickers my Rio Grande came with
DippinandJeepin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-13-2010, 06:18 AM   #30
57plymouth
1992 YJ Wrangler 

So this past weekend I went shrimping with my father. The road to Steamboat Landing on Edisto Island was flooded for the last 1/2 mile to 3/4 mile or so. Not real deep, no more than a foot at the deepest part and just a few inches for most of the way. Of course, it was salt water.

Here's the Jeep parked in the closest spot I could get to the boat ramp.

The tide is still coming in at this point.

Needless to say, I gave the Earthcrosser a good long wash when I got home.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.