E3 Spark Plugs - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > E3 Spark Plugs

15 x 8 Black D-Window Steel Wheels Set of 4Truc-Lite LED Headlights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4

Unread 08-05-2010, 01:40 PM   #1
dropped74
1998 ZJ 

E3 Spark Plugs

I am curious if anyone here has used these. I did a search and found a bunch of stuff about spark plugs but not about these. I am just curious if anyone has actually run them and if they liked them. Thanks!

Unread 08-05-2010, 06:51 PM   #2
Jeepsr4me

I have and so far so good. Nothing great about mileage and power to speak of........ I did have a coupon for a free set, so free is free.
Jeepsr4me is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2010, 08:13 PM   #3
Shamrock84
1988 YJ Wrangler 

have them in 01 tahoe and 83 k5 and they were good in those vehicles, all the researching i did for my yj showed that the autolites i have (new and gapped to .045 when upgrading to TR ignition) are the best option. IMO the E3's are not worth the money but did provide noticeable increase in power in both the other vehicles but that may very well be due to the age, condition and make of original plugs.
Shamrock84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2010, 08:28 PM   #4
Apollo12227
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

I bought a set from quadratec and my jeep wouldn't run until I put new autozone plugs or the originals. I think just one of them was bad, maybe two. I was definatly missing a cyllendar or two that's for sure. Jeep was backfiring and chugging and stalling like crazy when accelerating.

Long story short I sent them back to quadratec and they made ME pay for return shipping as well for a pos product. I will never buy from quadratec again that's a promise I made to the retard that told me pay for return shipping for a defective product. Sooooo in total I paid about 20.00 in shipping in the end for nothing.

My 2.50 each sparkplugs from autozone do the job.
Apollo12227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2010, 11:31 PM   #5
notmyj
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Most "special" spark plugs are gimmics. As much as I hate to say it, the Jeep motors LOVE champion spark plugs. Specifically the Champion Truck plugs, but I think they are discontinued. I hate to say Champion because I hate champion plugs, but when they work best in a certain application (Jeeps, Outboards, 2 stroke jetski, etc) I will put my opinions aside and buy what works.

Get champion plugs for your Jeep motor. Not sure why, but they work best.
My BUDGET York OBA Install
Budget Welding Cart
Carling Contura Switch Panel

If it has tracks, tires or tits, its gonna cause a problem.

"Everytime someone "upgrades" a D35, an angel looses its wings."

"Dizzy" - What SnoopDog would call a Distributor if he was a mechanic. I cringe every time I hear this moronic term

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
Send lawyers, guns and money. The **** has hit the fan...
92, 4.0, AW4, 8.8, D30, 15x10, 37's, SOA etc, etc
92, 2.5, 30, 8.8, 4.88, Locked, Winch, 15x8, 35's, 3.5" (RIP)
notmyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2010, 11:45 PM   #6
headrush
1995 YJ Wrangler 

i have bosch spark plugs and i deffinatly noticed the power, but that may be because i needed new ones. i would still recommend them.
headrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2010, 11:05 AM   #7
remmons
Some assembly required.
2002 KJ Liberty 

I have always gotten better performance from a new set of plugs, irregardless of brand or style, when I replaced my old plugs. Otherwise, I have never really seen a difference to the plus side of any plugs, but I have seen some differences to the negative when it comes to multiple electrode plugs. It seems to me that the spark has to search for the "sweet" spot in order to fire. I have found it best to just use a good plug (like AC, Autolite or Champion) and index them.

As to comparing various spark plugs, this would be a great test on a Dyno, if anyone had one. I would like to see the results of all plugs when they are put to the test head to head.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/i...t-case-989208/
remmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2010, 03:21 PM   #8
Shamrock84
1988 YJ Wrangler 

here is link for four wheeler's comparison of bosch - e3
Bosch & E3 Spark Plugs Install - Four Wheeler Magazine
Shamrock84 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.