Dumb question of the day-Battery Tray Hold Down - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Dumb question of the day-Battery Tray Hold Down

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wSPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!

Unread 09-04-2011, 08:11 AM   #1
weerwolv

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Dumb question of the day-Battery Tray Hold Down

Hi all,

The PO of my 1993 YJ was using Bungee Cords to hold the battery down.There's good old New England Yankee Ingenuity for ya The tray is in mint shape just missing the hold down pieces.

Can I buy the hold down pieces separately to get this back to stock or do I need to but the whole tray as a kit?

Who sells them?

Thanks

weerwolv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2011, 09:02 AM   #2
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I've always just made them. A piece of flat steel and a two pieces of 1/4" all thread bent over to hook it at the bottom. I have seen them for sale aftermarket but only for the unique design of the optima batteries. I bet crown automotive makes it. Try your local parts store and ask, it couldn't hurt!
Unread 09-04-2011, 09:23 AM   #3
djsrtr
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Any auto parts store should have generic battery hold downs, probably less than $10 for everything.
djsrtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2011, 09:27 AM   #4
92 Green YJ
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Yeah if you want quick and cheap hit any parts store for a universal hold down.

If you want good piece of mind for those trail days, head over to the vendor forum and check out Artec Industries battery trays. Just put one in my YJ and I'm loving it

Ignore the colors. In process of repainting the whole Jeep
Rubicon Express 4" Lift Kit, 2" Body Lift,15x8" AR 767s, 35x12.50 Xterrains, Home Made Snorkel, Sanden OBA, Home made rocker gaurds. 8.8 Rear with Discs, 4.10s F&R, ARB rear, Detroit EZ Locker front, WarnM8000 with Viking Synthetic Line, Beadlocks, Tons of Mods
My RigRater Score: 682RRv1.0 with a BOA of 13.47
I'm now doing custom bumpers and lift installs in So-cal
92 Green YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2011, 10:35 AM   #5
timatoe
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsrtr View Post
Any auto parts store should have generic battery hold downs, probably less than $10 for everything.
This is what I did, mine had nothing when I got it. It works, but eventually I'll get a new mounting system like above, plenty of options out there for those too.
timatoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2011, 08:28 PM   #6
Firefyter-Emt
1995 YJ Wrangler 

A bungee cord, geesh... you could at least upgrade to a ratchet strap like mine! LOL
Firefyter-Emt is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.