So...I tore my drum brakes apart and replaced shoes, wheel cylinders, spring kit, drums, parking brake cables and rear axle lines.
When going back together, the new drums were very tight going back on (the adjustors were all the way in). I took her for a shakedown run and both sides were a smokin'
Any ideas on what I may have f'ed up?
I tore the drums back down and I installed the shoes wrong on the RR. I swapped the shoes took her for a shakedown and had no smoking brakes. I feel like such a jag. Still a little more drag than I would like when turning by hand... Thanks for the help!
I can't remember the cost, but last time I looked up a disc brake conversion it was fairly pricy. Plus, I would not spend a dime on a D35 rearend, your money would be better spent simply buying an 8.8 with disc brakes already installed. I've bought 8.8s in just about every flavor from 3.08s to 4.10s, and I've yet to pay more than $150 for a complete rearend with disc brakes. I doubt very seriously you could get a conversion kit cheaper than that, but the 8.8 does require some cutting and welding.