Dropping the fuel tank..... - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Dropping the fuel tank.....

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsWant to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under

Unread 06-26-2013, 02:35 PM   #16
pasinbuy
1994 YJ Wrangler 

If you have the plastic tank. The hoses to the tank are a dealer only part. One end of the hose is molded. Do not use a regular hose and force it on.

You will need a new tank gasket too.

Please fill in your profile, I am not sure of what year you are working with.

pasinbuy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-26-2013, 02:45 PM   #17
CrawlingForward
Rookies Happen.

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasinbuy View Post
The hoses to the tank are a dealer only part. One end of the hose is molded. Do not use a regular hose and force it on.
Yes and no. There are different ID on the ends, but with some overlap and hose clamps, it's fine (2 years later or so, for me).

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/w...oline-1138853/
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/h...emoval-981049/

95 YJ, Rio Grande - The Wannabe Sleeper Wheeler
2010 JKU, Islander Edition - The Burly Stock Overlander

- North Shore Jeep Club -
Build/Wheel/Break/Educate/Upgrade/Repeat
CrawlingForward is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-26-2013, 03:45 PM   #18
tom_sprecher
1991 YJ Wrangler 

In addition to all the good suggestions above, when I dropped mine the sender was not working properly so I used a pencil eraser to burnish the sector. After that the resistance was linear as I swept the float through its range.
Unread 06-26-2013, 11:10 PM   #19
Nazzo
1991 YJ Wrangler 

I replaced all my hoses with standard fuel line hose.....I have had no problems
Unread 06-27-2013, 10:36 AM   #20
GrantYJ
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck172 View Post
Access door worked for me.
X2... or X3 ...well however many other people said...

There isn't much left of my Jeep that I haven't "adjusted" in some way, but the access hatch to the fuel pump is one of my favorites. It just sits there, doesn't really do anything, but when something fuel related goes wrong, it's a Godsend.
“The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test. If the machine produces tranquility it's right. If it disturbs you it's wrong until either the machine or your mind is changed.” ― Robert M. Pirsig, Zen And The Art Of Motorcycle Maintenance: An Inquiry Into Values
GrantYJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.