droppin' my YJ a couple inches - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 08-18-2011, 12:03 PM Thread Starter
JohnnyZJ
2007 JK Wrangler 

droppin' my YJ a couple inches

bet you thought i meant making her a low rider didn't ya

so currently i have pretty much the RE 4.5" lift kit on the YJ. and a 2 body lift and running rubicon flares and beat up a lot of sheet metal. used to run 37s no problem on this setup.

so heres what i want to do: the jeep sits to tall for my liking. i want to take a few inches out of her. i've thought about just removing the body lift, but i have a few spun bolts; not fun to play with those. and they are in the bad spots as you'd expect.

so heres what i want to do; i want to drop the height from 4.5 to roughly 3" i'm looking at Rubicon Express 2.5" springs, and i'll sell my current ones so it'll help with cost. in doing this i plan to eliminate my tcase drop with a 1" motor mount lift. so overal clearance at the TCase should be thesame, but lower COG.

question i have is has anyone taken a spring out of the main 4 spring pack to drop the jeep a bit? does that compromise the springs ride?

i'm runnin 35s now, and intend to run them on the 2.5" springs and 2" body lift. just curious if anyone else has done this, and more curious if anyone has taken a leaf out of hte pack.

thanks

07' JKUR rollin on 35s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 08-18-2011, 12:04 PM
g4x4xgeoff
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyZJ View Post
bet you thought i meant making her a low rider didn't ya

so currently i have pretty much the RE 4.5" lift kit on the YJ. and a 2 body lift and running rubicon flares and beat up a lot of sheet metal. used to run 37s no problem on this setup.

so heres what i want to do: the jeep sits to tall for my liking. i want to take a few inches out of her. i've thought about just removing the body lift, but i have a few spun bolts; not fun to play with those. and they are in the bad spots as you'd expect.

so heres what i want to do; i want to drop the height from 4.5 to roughly 3" i'm looking at Rubicon Express 2.5" springs, and i'll sell my current ones so it'll help with cost. in doing this i plan to eliminate my tcase drop with a 1" motor mount lift. so overal clearance at the TCase should be thesame, but lower COG.

question i have is has anyone taken a spring out of the main 4 spring pack to drop the jeep a bit? does that compromise the springs ride?

i'm runnin 35s now, and intend to run them on the 2.5" springs and 2" body lift. just curious if anyone else has done this, and more curious if anyone has taken a leaf out of hte pack.

thanks

i removed a leaf once in my bds pack. dropped me about 3/4" inch.

as for ride quality, remember...the flatter the spring the better it rides...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurley91 View Post
I could be drunk, high, raped and almost dead.... and I could still recognize it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.