Driving me nuts!!! Has plenty of power - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Driving me nuts!!! Has plenty of power

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 08-19-2011, 10:33 PM   #1
wildbadbill
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Driving me nuts!!! Has plenty of power

and idles ok,but with the throttle just barelly open (about 14-1500 rpm) it surges BAD!
Changed IAC and MAP,no change.Thought of fuel pump,but it would manifest itself at higher speeds/loads.Spark plugs would also act up through entire range I guess.When it surges like that (light throttle) and take foot of gas,it may occasionally die...wtf?

wildbadbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2011, 10:43 PM   #2
Xpress
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Cap/rotor change? Maybe fuel filter?

Also check all of your vacuum lines. Sounds like you might also have a leak. Poke around with some starter fluid.

-1989 Jeep Wrangler 2.5L, soon to be 5.2L
-1996 Jeep Grand Cherokar 5.2L, donor and rainy day driver
-2004 Kawasaki KLR650 sunny day driver
[QUOTE=mudsweatNgearz;21162729]Leave em off and weld an I beam on. Bumperetts just scream homo.[/QUOTE]
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the [B][I]RIGHT[/I][/B] of the people to keep and bear Arms, [B][I]SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED[/I][/B]."
Xpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2011, 11:22 PM   #3
wildbadbill
1994 YJ Wrangler 

will check vacuum again,fuel filter is fairly new,as is the cup...thanks
wildbadbill is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.