driveshaft length - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > driveshaft length

GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE Artec JK Under Armor BellypanEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 09-20-2011, 12:45 AM   #1
rshepler217
1995 YJ Wrangler 

driveshaft length

i recently did the 4" rough county lift in my 95 yj and still have to put the transfer case drop bracket and sye in and plan on doing this on friday. i have a hill and rti event at my school on sunday and want to run both my jeep and truck but still need to have the driveshaft cut down. has anyone done this exact set up and know the driveshaft length so i can have it cut in advance?

rshepler217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2011, 05:12 AM   #2
dadstoy
1995 YJ Wrangler 

What motor? What tranny? I have a 4.0/AW4, rear axle moved back an inch, and my rear drive shaft is 14 1/2" long u-joint to u-joint........Need a little more info on your rig
dadstoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2011, 07:50 AM   #3
nzpete
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rshepler217 View Post
i recently did the 4" rough county lift in my 95 yj and still have to put the transfer case drop bracket and sye in and plan on doing this on friday. i have a hill and rti event at my school on sunday and want to run both my jeep and truck but still need to have the driveshaft cut down. has anyone done this exact set up and know the driveshaft length so i can have it cut in advance?
If you are going with the SYE you won't need the transfer case drop. I hate those things. To do this correctly, you'll need to install the SYE and then measure the distance from the yoke at the SYE to the yoke on your differential, then have the driveshaft cut to fit.
Unread 09-20-2011, 09:29 AM   #4
Poke
runtime error = 0

2015 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rshepler217 View Post
why would you run a t-case drop and SYE?

And I would never spend the money on a driveshaft with out measuring it myself. you have a small margin of error.
Poke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2011, 03:59 PM   #5
rshepler217
1995 YJ Wrangler 

its the 2.5 with the ax5 and np231. and thats why i wanted to know if anyone did the exact same set up and if not im just going to have to wait and measure it myself and just hope that the driveshaft gets done in time
rshepler217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2011, 04:53 PM   #6
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Drop your driveshaft off at your local shop and keep them on standby when you can get the measurement to them.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.