Driver side rear turn signal -- no signal - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Driver side rear turn signal -- no signal

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits

Unread 02-23-2008, 06:52 PM   #1
--chris--
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Driver side rear turn signal -- no signal

While i am working on the jeep i might as well take care of everything...it sat for about 10 days, then i had to move it so a buyer could look at it. I drove it about 50 miles home, and had my fiancee follow me (no plate). She told me later that my driver side turn signal does not work.

I checked the grounds in the back, they are all good. I replaced the bulb twice, and that did not fix it. What else is back there? I ruled out the turn signal lever because if i turn on the 4-ways (flashers...whatever they are) i still do not get a light out of it. The brake lights up, the running lights work, and so do the back-ups.

Any ideas?

--chris-- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2008, 07:14 PM   #2
pat8942
1992 YJ Wrangler 

If both brake lights work it's probably a bad T/S switch or the wire from the switch is open.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheap5.0 View Post
While i am working on the jeep i might as well take care of everything...it sat for about 10 days, then i had to move it so a buyer could look at it. I drove it about 50 miles home, and had my fiancee follow me (no plate). She told me later that my driver side turn signal does not work.

I checked the grounds in the back, they are all good. I replaced the bulb twice, and that did not fix it. What else is back there? I ruled out the turn signal lever because if i turn on the 4-ways (flashers...whatever they are) i still do not get a light out of it. The brake lights up, the running lights work, and so do the back-ups.

Any ideas?
Unread 02-23-2008, 07:21 PM   #3
NewhampshireYJ
1993 YJ Wrangler 

There are plugs that connect the lights behind the corner panel. Reach up underneath and youll see them. Once my wire got cut some how and every light worked but my tail light. I figured that out and never had a prob since.
NewhampshireYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2008, 07:27 PM   #4
--chris--
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I looked at those real quick and just inspected the connections, i will look closer tomorrow.

As for the T/S switch, where is it located?
Unread 02-23-2008, 07:39 PM   #5
pat8942
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Under the steering wheel.
The brake light and turn signal work off the same wire at the bulb so if both brake lights work it's not the connection at the plug at the light in the rear.
It could a corroded connection where the T/S switch connects to the body which is located on the steering column on the right side.
If you look under the dash at the right side of the column you will see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheap5.0 View Post
I looked at those real quick and just inspected the connections, i will look closer tomorrow.

As for the T/S switch, where is it located?

Last edited by pat8942; 03-02-2008 at 08:25 PM..
pat8942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2008, 07:43 PM   #6
--chris--
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks man, this and the other thing should keep me busy tomorrow

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.