Drive shaft blew up - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Drive shaft blew up

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueComponent speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFG

Unread 02-01-2013, 12:46 PM   #16
jaycal3
1993 YJ Wrangler 

So just a quick update... Took the DS to Fleet Pride, a local DS shop and the shaft was slightly bent and my slip yoke is fubar, so According to them, Spicer is backordered on the slip yoke over a month... well this was not good news. I contacted Tom Woods Drive Shaft and placed my order for a new one with a new slip yoke too...

Now, I just have to decide on a muffler to replace my DynoMax that got blown up.....

KCCO
jaycal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2013, 05:15 PM   #17
LilViper95
Web Wheeler

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Man i have like 5 stock shafts with slip yokes in the corner of my garage....maybe i should advertise them since they are backordered!

My Attempt at a Wrangler YJ Unlimited

Past builds:
Unwrecking a Rubicon
My Rusty Wrangler Project
LilViper95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2013, 06:01 PM   #18
moonpie312
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycal3 View Post
So just a quick update... Took the DS to Fleet Pride, a local DS shop and the shaft was slightly bent and my slip yoke is fubar, so According to them, Spicer is backordered on the slip yoke over a month... well this was not good news. I contacted Tom Woods Drive Shaft and placed my order for a new one with a new slip yoke too...

Now, I just have to decide on a muffler to replace my DynoMax that got blown up.....
I'd give you my stock shaft if you lived closer.
moonpie312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2013, 11:08 AM   #19
jaycal3
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks anyway guys... I should have mine in a few days. Just ordered my muffler too - so I guess I get to play mechanic for an hour or 2 in the next few days.

KCCO
jaycal3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.