Which doors can I use? - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 03-09-2013, 10:50 AM Thread Starter
Ileea
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Which doors can I use?

I found some similar threads in here but not exactly what I am looking for. I bought a 1995 sarah YJ about 3 weeks ago and the dealer replaced the soft top before I bought it. It has factory half doors. I would like to put full metal doors on it but I am confused. All the metal doors I find have a curved protrusion at the back of the door where window and main door meet but my top and current door set up is straight from top to bottom. Does that mean to use a full door I would need a new top or are there YJ doors for the 95 that are straight? I found these doors on ebay, http://www.ebay.com/itm/200904254291...84.m1423.l2649
and attached a pic of my Tsavy so you can see what I am talking about. I know I have seen full doors with soft tops before but I have never had to convert one of my jeeps from half door to full door so I am unsure.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Attached Thumbnails
Tsavy 021513.jpg  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 03-09-2013, 11:10 AM
el scorcho
1990 YJ Wrangler 

This may not be what you're looking for, but is comes close.

Bestop Glass Sliders
post #3 of 7 Old 03-09-2013, 11:15 AM
MukYJ
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
Yeah, I don't think the factory hard doors will work with a factory-style soft top. You'd have to get a Supertop-style for it to work with the rounded hard doors.

Example of the differences.

~/Garth - 1993 Wrangler S 2.5
{ }|||||||{ } "MukYJ"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
He's right, as soon as you remove the trackbar the fuel rail will arc on the battery, killing you and all the kittens in a ten mile radius.

post #4 of 7 Old 03-09-2013, 11:34 AM Thread Starter
Ileea
1995 YJ Wrangler 

OK, so if I am understanding then my choices are as follows:

I can replace my soft zippered window uppers with soft sliding glass uppers. Those are just an easy replacement with no mod needed,
I can replace my soft top with a different soft top that will work with full doors (a PITA and expensive),
I can replace my soft top with a hard top which requires additional wiring for rear wiper and defroster for the back window (again a PITA and expensive)

Ultimately what I want is to be able to get rid of the zipper windows. I find them to be noisy and inconvenient as I like to be able to crack my window when I drive. Of course in another month or two I will remove the door uppers for the summer but I will have to address this issue before winters comes back around again. Thanks for the input.
post #5 of 7 Old 03-09-2013, 12:16 PM
caoboy
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Search for some slider upper door replacements then. That's the only thing, minus getting hard doors and replacing the top.
post #6 of 7 Old 03-09-2013, 05:16 PM
Wild Hare
1991 YJ Wrangler 

i bet you could find somebody to trade you a hard top and full hard doors for your soft top and half hard door set up.
post #7 of 7 Old 03-09-2013, 05:28 PM Thread Starter
Ileea
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I hadn't thought of that idea. I may have to look into that. Thank you for the suggestion.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.