doors - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > doors

Rubicon express discounts from oconee off-roadRing & Pinion's, Lockers, 4340 Axles, Install Kits, BaSPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!

Unread 02-27-2002, 12:35 AM   #1
Soup

doors

Hope that someone can help with this. The driver side door (full steel doors) handle broke on me the other day. Would still work from the inside. I tore open the door panel and shifted a piece to make the door work again. The problem is that the door lock has been going bad also (which I think is the real problem) and after leaving work the other day I couldn't open the door at all from the outside or the inside. I'm having to climb in from the passenger door which is driving me f*****g crazy!!!! I can't remove the door cuz I can't open it at all. Any ideas??

THanx

Soup is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2002, 05:11 PM   #2
BrandonParvin

Now thats just crappy. If you ask me, and please keep in mind that i also have a VW Bug. If you ask me i would take a day and tear apart the door panel. Rip it to hell, just to get the door open. Then find the piece you have been pulling to open the door. Then take the damn doors off. Then hit a junkyard and get a new doorpanel, and that piece that you broke. Replace the piece and the door panel, and you should be set.
3in Performance Accessories Body Lift
BrandonParvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2002, 11:49 PM   #3
Soup

That's kind of what I have planned to do. Unfortunately, this happened this week when the weather went to crap. It was 67 degrees here last weekend and now its about 28.
Soup is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2002, 06:52 AM   #4
Signman

If you need any parts from a hard door, let me know.....I have spare parts, ALL the pieces EXCEPT the lock cylinders.

Cheers,
Ash...

I love my Country,
It's the Government I'm afraid of!
Signman is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.