Door Uppers- Anyone make their own? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Door Uppers- Anyone make their own?

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 08-23-2011, 08:04 PM   #1
thresher_593
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Door Uppers- Anyone make their own?

Just got a great deal on a hard top, has the wiper and the rear window defroster. I only have the doors that go with a soft top and of course, they won't work with the hard top. I'm considering making my own uppers to fit the hard top. Has anyone else ever tried this? It doesn't look too hard and has to cost less than full doors. What do you guys think? Can it be done reasonably?

thresher_593 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2011, 08:17 PM   #2
clarkjdg
1988 YJ Wrangler 

They make them you can get them from most any Jeep 4 WD parts catalog, like 4WD, or Essentials.
images-1.jpg  
(o) )-(o) )-*-) )
88 YJ, Smittybilt SRC Front, Side, and Rear Armor, Family Roll Bars, TJ Flares, and Half Doors
4"Leaf, 2"Body, and 1"Leaf Lift, 4.10 Geared Dana 30 Posi with Cable Engage, Ford 8.8 Posi, With 33s BFGs MT KM2
Everything "Black" Inner, Under, and outer "Black" on the Body is "Bed Linered" and I will be Thru the day that I Die!
clarkjdg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2011, 08:34 PM   #3
thresher_593
1994 YJ Wrangler 

How well do they fit up with various brands of hard tops?
thresher_593 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2011, 08:37 PM   #4
clarkjdg
1988 YJ Wrangler 

I have never used them but had a buddy with them, and he never complained. Been thinking about getting them but never got around to it yet! And my and his top are a Jeep so I wouldn't know.
(o) )-(o) )-*-) )
88 YJ, Smittybilt SRC Front, Side, and Rear Armor, Family Roll Bars, TJ Flares, and Half Doors
4"Leaf, 2"Body, and 1"Leaf Lift, 4.10 Geared Dana 30 Posi with Cable Engage, Ford 8.8 Posi, With 33s BFGs MT KM2
Everything "Black" Inner, Under, and outer "Black" on the Body is "Bed Linered" and I will be Thru the day that I Die!
clarkjdg is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.