Door Surrounds or lack thereof.. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Door Surrounds or lack thereof..

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*

Unread 03-31-2010, 11:28 AM   #1
skot0123
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Door Surrounds or lack thereof..

I have a Bestop Supertop and was wondering if anyone else with one had doen any type of hardware mods to theirs to give it an upper surround other than the piece of cardboard that the side flaps wrap around.

Mine is starting to loosen up a little and now when the wind blows the velcro loses grip and my Jeep has wings flapping in the breeze until I stop to re-fasten them. I like the OEM door upper idea and was just curious if anyone had fabbed themselves some for the Supertop.

skot0123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2010, 07:58 AM   #2
YJhobby
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I think TJ's have a door surround that would suit your purpose, I'm not sure whether its for the factory soft top or bikini of some type, but it looks to seal up against the full doors and bikini style tops with much less gap.

I have no idea how they attach, but i'd assume some minor fab work would have you fixed. perhaps some better velco would help too.

[QUOTE=SnowdogMarc] YJ's don't get stuck....they get temporarily impeeded in their forward progress.[/QUOTE]

I'm patiently waiting for the "foot-in-mouth" moment to end... but since I've posted, its not today
YJhobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2010, 08:10 AM   #3
skot0123
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Yeah, I was going to try to add some velcro but I'm not sure that it will do the job or not. The factory velcro is sewn into the top and Im not sure my sewing abilities are up to snuff for that. One of my problems is the cardboard surround that Bestop uses is kind of worn now so rather than stay straight down it kind of bends around the frame. I'll check into the TJ surrounds though, thanks.
skot0123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.