Door Pin Nuts - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Door Pin Nuts

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft topsUp to $75 Cash Back on Your ARB Fridge Freezer Purchase

Unread 02-24-2010, 09:49 AM   #1
Tradewinds
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Door Pin Nuts

Can anyone tell me the size of the nut that goes on the hingde door pins to keep them from being removed are they US or Metric, what size? Nothing in my supply of fasteners seems to be right. Thanks

Tradewinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2010, 09:54 AM   #2
doubleroost
1999 TJ Wrangler 

bring the door into the nut and bolt section of Lowes
doubleroost is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2010, 09:55 AM   #3
rustywrangler
Got my eye on you.....

Give me about 10 min and I can check on the hinges I have sitting in the basement. I always thought they were 1/2"

Congenital Heart Disease is a reality for me, BOTH of my children have it. Please read up and become aware for future generations

Lydia Ann-Acquired 08/05/05 Open Heart surgery 08/10/05
Jacob Patrick-Acquired 01/17/08 Open Heart surgery 02/15/08
rustywrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2010, 10:08 AM   #4
Tradewinds
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I am trying real hard to not carry one of my half doors into Lowes to find the right size nuts:-) Right now my jeep is in the Ultimate Off Road shop having new rear upper shock brackets installed after I snapped them both off last week and I may have to go down and take a door off. I think I will wait to hear from Rusty before I do that...
Tradewinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2010, 10:10 AM   #5
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

They are certainly no bigger than 3/8 or 5/16 so if nothing normal fits they must be metric.

q-tec sells locking nut kits, look those up and see if the size is listed.
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.