Door panel ? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Door panel ?

Black Friday Sale!!FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 08-01-2013, 06:07 PM   #1
Jastrauskas
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Door panel ?

I'm going to replace the seals on the outside of the window. Do I need to buy new fasteners to reinstall the door Panel or can I just reuse the old ones.
Thanks ! Any tips are welcome too!

Jastrauskas is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-01-2013, 06:11 PM   #2
laybackman
Bikini Bridge Inspector

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jastrauskas View Post
I'm going to replace the seals on the outside of the window. Do I need to buy new fasteners to reinstall the door Panel or can I just reuse the old ones.
Thanks ! Any tips are welcome too!
Are you talking about the inner/outer window seals that are at the top of the door that wipes the window when you open/close it? They have clips imbedded in them that snap into holes in the door. You do not need to pull the door apart to install them.

Getting older, I have developed some special skills. I have the ability to cough, sneeze, fart and pee at the same time.

"If we cannot afford to take care of Veterans, then we should stop making them."
David C. Wilker Jr. USAF (RET)
laybackman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-01-2013, 06:32 PM   #3
Jastrauskas
1993 YJ Wrangler 

When the window is rolled up it is the seal at the bottom of the window on the outside. the rubber is dryrotted and water gets down in the door. I was told it screws in and my piece has holes in it. It's a full steel door.
Unread 08-01-2013, 07:07 PM   #4
laybackman
Bikini Bridge Inspector

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Go to the Quadratec website and look up this part number 55014.0105

Spec out the little clips on that seal they fit into slots on the inside lip of the door panel. The inner seal works the same way.

Getting older, I have developed some special skills. I have the ability to cough, sneeze, fart and pee at the same time.

"If we cannot afford to take care of Veterans, then we should stop making them."
Unread 08-01-2013, 07:15 PM   #5
Jastrauskas
1993 YJ Wrangler 

K thanks, I'm removing the door panel to fix it too that's why I was asking about the fasteners for the door panel.
Unread 08-01-2013, 07:36 PM   #6
Jastrauskas
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Alright I checked that part(outside scrubber) and I see what u mean now. I have some that came with the jeep and after looking at those I would say the ones I got are for a different application. I was just going by what the previous owner said on the installation of those scrubbers. He said I would have to cut, etc to get to fit.
Thanks for the info laybackman.
Unread 08-01-2013, 07:58 PM   #7
laybackman
Bikini Bridge Inspector

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jastrauskas View Post
Alright I checked that part(outside scrubber) and I see what u mean now. I have some that came with the jeep and after looking at those I would say the ones I got are for a different application. I was just going by what the previous owner said on the installation of those scrubbers. He said I would have to cut, etc to get to fit.
Thanks for the info laybackman.
No problem.

The door panels have keepers that can be reused if you are careful. If you split them, they can be replaced. You can get generic ones at the local pats store. First, take off the door pull strap, handle and arm rest and remove the screw from the middle of the door handle recess. Note the upper inner door panel slides down into place and work the door handle through it to remove it.

Then from the bottom of the door panel work you way around the door panel gently pulling it away from the door itself with a putty knife or other flat object.

Unread 08-01-2013, 08:04 PM   #8
Jastrauskas
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Cool, that's what I needed to know. Thanks again!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.