Door latch probems - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Door latch probems

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippNEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDJK Front 3 Link Prototype - Clayton Off Road

Unread 10-29-2012, 05:12 AM   #1
nightflyer
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Door latch probems

I have a 93 wrangler yj and i have recently put my doors back togeather how i have been facing some problems with the lock in the door one problem i am having is that the release bar is not releasing the two latches and i cant open the door. Another problem i am having is every time i pull on the handle the bar on the inside of the door is not reseting its self for the next time to pull the handle.
And my last problem is that the bar that goes to the inside of the door to open it is always wanting to pop out of its housing. Any help with these problems would be greatly apreciated.

nightflyer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-29-2012, 08:28 AM   #2
davsyjdd
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Mine was like that and I pulled the latch mec. out and cleaned it. Now it works like new. The PO had paint,undercoating and lots of dirt caked on it.
davsyjdd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-29-2012, 10:26 AM   #3
SSRx7
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Full doors or half doors? If full doors, I found out that I had put mine back together (replaced inner door handle assemblies) and had inadvertantly put the rods inside the window arm that lifts and lowers the windo. Didn't find out till I had it all back together and tried to open the window.
Make sure the arms are between the window arm and the inside panel of the door. Also check the coil spring on the latch assembly. Mine had slipped and was not holding the latches in the open position.

Hope this helps.
SSRx7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-29-2012, 10:40 AM   #4
Kuntryboy816
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by davsyjdd View Post
Mine was like that and I pulled the latch mec. out and cleaned it. Now it works like new. The PO had paint,undercoating and lots of dirt caked on it.
x2 on this! I had the same problems with my full doors before I sold them. I tore 'em apart and cleaned 'em all up and they looked and worked like new. I used a little bit of lithium grease and 3-n-1 oil on the moving parts.

Tags
door , door latch , door locks , sticking

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.