Door latch post assembly diagram - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Door latch post assembly diagram

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft topsUp to $75 Cash Back on Your ARB Fridge Freezer Purchase

Unread 09-28-2009, 01:25 PM   #1
gkainz
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Door latch post assembly diagram

Does anyone have a diagram or picture of how the door latch post assembly goes together? My passenger door rattles badly and the post wiggles. It won't turn, so it's not just a loose bolt/nut/thread/whatever or however it fastens. I "***-u-med" the latch post has a threaded shaft on the end, but guessing that's not the case?
Greg
'95 YJ Hardtop, full doors

gkainz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2009, 01:29 PM   #2
rustywrangler
Got my eye on you.....

The Nader pin (latch post) is what I assume you are talking about. That is just tightened with a torx wrench. It is basically a bolt. If the whole housing wiggles, check the three torx bolts that hold it in place.

Congenital Heart Disease is a reality for me, BOTH of my children have it. Please read up and become aware for future generations

Lydia Ann-Acquired 08/05/05 Open Heart surgery 08/10/05
Jacob Patrick-Acquired 01/17/08 Open Heart surgery 02/15/08
rustywrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2009, 01:38 PM   #3
gkainz
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks - yeah, the Nader pin - a VERY intuitive name! like I really would have thought to google that! But, it figures that as soon as I posted this, I did find a picture/diagram showing that fastens to the body with 4 bolts. I suspect that's what's loose. Thanks!
Unread 09-28-2009, 01:42 PM   #4
rustywrangler
Got my eye on you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkainz View Post
Thanks - yeah, the Nader pin - a VERY intuitive name! like I really would have thought to google that! But, it figures that as soon as I posted this, I did find a picture/diagram showing that fastens to the body with 4 bolts. I suspect that's what's loose. Thanks!

I only know that from my EMT/firefighter experience.

Congenital Heart Disease is a reality for me, BOTH of my children have it. Please read up and become aware for future generations

Lydia Ann-Acquired 08/05/05 Open Heart surgery 08/10/05
Jacob Patrick-Acquired 01/17/08 Open Heart surgery 02/15/08
rustywrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2009, 01:55 PM   #5
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

My drivers side one was broken, so I bought a pair from q-tech and swapped them both. Not too expensive. I still have the old passenger side post assembly if you need it, for a nominal amount.
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2009, 10:23 PM   #6
gkainz
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Hey jbolty - thanks for the offer, but after taking both sides off, turns out both assemblies are cracked, so I need to order a pair of them.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.