Door latch post assembly diagram - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Door latch post assembly diagram

XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Vanco Big Brake Kit Promotion!

Unread 09-28-2009, 02:25 PM   #1
gkainz
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Door latch post assembly diagram

Does anyone have a diagram or picture of how the door latch post assembly goes together? My passenger door rattles badly and the post wiggles. It won't turn, so it's not just a loose bolt/nut/thread/whatever or however it fastens. I "***-u-med" the latch post has a threaded shaft on the end, but guessing that's not the case?
Greg
'95 YJ Hardtop, full doors

gkainz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-28-2009, 02:29 PM   #2
rustywrangler
Got my eye on you.....

The Nader pin (latch post) is what I assume you are talking about. That is just tightened with a torx wrench. It is basically a bolt. If the whole housing wiggles, check the three torx bolts that hold it in place.

Congenital Heart Disease is a reality for me, BOTH of my children have it. Please read up and become aware for future generations

Lydia Ann-Acquired 08/05/05 Open Heart surgery 08/10/05
Jacob Patrick-Acquired 01/17/08 Open Heart surgery 02/15/08
rustywrangler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-28-2009, 02:38 PM   #3
gkainz
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks - yeah, the Nader pin - a VERY intuitive name! like I really would have thought to google that! But, it figures that as soon as I posted this, I did find a picture/diagram showing that fastens to the body with 4 bolts. I suspect that's what's loose. Thanks!
Unread 09-28-2009, 02:42 PM   #4
rustywrangler
Got my eye on you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkainz View Post
Thanks - yeah, the Nader pin - a VERY intuitive name! like I really would have thought to google that! But, it figures that as soon as I posted this, I did find a picture/diagram showing that fastens to the body with 4 bolts. I suspect that's what's loose. Thanks!

I only know that from my EMT/firefighter experience.

Congenital Heart Disease is a reality for me, BOTH of my children have it. Please read up and become aware for future generations

Lydia Ann-Acquired 08/05/05 Open Heart surgery 08/10/05
Jacob Patrick-Acquired 01/17/08 Open Heart surgery 02/15/08
rustywrangler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-28-2009, 02:55 PM   #5
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

My drivers side one was broken, so I bought a pair from q-tech and swapped them both. Not too expensive. I still have the old passenger side post assembly if you need it, for a nominal amount.
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-28-2009, 11:23 PM   #6
gkainz
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Hey jbolty - thanks for the offer, but after taking both sides off, turns out both assemblies are cracked, so I need to order a pair of them.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.