door clip thingys? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > door clip thingys?

NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineYear End Clearance Sale! Save 20%

Unread 06-03-2009, 11:29 AM   #1
NakedGoblin
1992 YJ Wrangler 

door clip thingys?

Please excuse my ignorance on this topic but...I really have no idea what these things are called. Anyway....

So my driver's side door latch keeps breaking. Specifically, the exterior latch. It won't open the door.(half door actually) If I pull off the panel on the inside and reattach the rods inside the door it fixes the problem but the rods keep falling out because the "thingys" or clips that held them in broke off. I've tried duct tape and quickties but they keep slipping off and the door breaks again. Anyone know where I can order new clips that go on the end of the rods inside the door so they latches will continue to work?

NakedGoblin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-03-2009, 12:00 PM   #2
Floppy

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Lol, try using the word "retainer" instead of "thingys". You can try JW Jeep
2006 Yamaha V Star 1100 Custom
1974 Volkswagen Super Beetle (sunroof and 1904cc motor)
1972 Volkswagen Super Beetle (wolfsburg edition)
Floppy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-03-2009, 12:17 PM   #3
timatoe
1990 YJ Wrangler 

JW will have whatever you need but they're kinda pricey.

I got rid of the clip thingy all together by using a small "L" bracket and some nylock nuts that were the same thread as the the threaded bar in there that the clip attaches too. It's kinda hard to explain and unfortunately I don't have any pics. But it was like $0.89 in parts and pieces to fix it.
timatoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-03-2009, 01:33 PM   #4
rumblebee1967
1990 YJ Wrangler 

most auto paint stores have those retainers. come in a variety of sizes, plastic and metal. I prefer metal.
rumblebee1967 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.