Door Adjustments! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Door Adjustments!

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 04-27-2010, 03:32 PM   #1
Sleuthhound
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Door Adjustments!

So yesterday I traded my soft top/half doors, for another jeeper's hard top / full doors, and his doors are quite out of whack on my jeep. The Driver's side is about 1/4" high (where the striker meets the pin), and the passenger side is just a little high.

I know I need to adjust the hinges, and I'm certain I'll figure it out (or search on here for some previously discusses how-tos), but my question is this:

Can I move only ONE of the hinges on each door? I would only need to adjust the top hinge, as there is room for the bottom hinge to drop before it meets the body-hinge, and I believe there's just enough for it to drop and everything line up, if I can move the top hinge 1/4" (Driver side), and maybe 1/8" (pass side)....thoughts?

cheers!

Sleuthhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2010, 04:22 PM   #2
Leans93
She's my density...

1993 YJ Wrangler 

When I purchased full doors I put the pins in the hinges and as you've experienced the doors didn't line up with the striker. I slowly loosened both door hinges until the striker lined up at which point I latched it to keep it in place. Then I loosened both door hinges even more and moved the door into a nice fitting position and tightened the hinge screws back up.

93' YJ 4.0L AX-15, 4" Pro Comp lift, 3/4" shackles, 1" BL, 33x12.5x15 BGF MT's, and some other stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Jones
Catch me on the highway or about to tear the mall up.
Leans93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2010, 06:24 PM   #3
K4KAS
1994 YJ Wrangler 

If the door lines up with the tub, loosen the striker and adjust it. Not the hinges. If its way out of whack, then yes, you may have to go to the hinges.
K4KAS is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.