doing work! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > doing work!

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 11-29-2011, 08:08 PM   #1
media88
1994 YJ Wrangler 

doing work!

Hey all finaly got the parts and I am tackling the transfer case chain tommorow. Kinda doing it the cheapo way but this is temporary as I think I may have a good deal on a atlas. I got all new nutserts and bolt for the skid a new tranny mount new torque ARM bushings new fork pads and a new chain. I was just thinkin before I split the case, I'm leaving the rear attached so I don't need the tranny seal is there any other seal I should replace? I appreciate all your knowledge and I know I should rebuild but I'm pulling it soon anyway and am going to raush creek this weekend so no I'm not rebuilding the whole thing....thanks!!!

1994 JEEP WRANGLER YJ, 4.0 AX-15, DANA 30/35 STOCK GEARS, 4 INCH SKY JACKER LIFT KIT, T-CASE DROP, 32X11.50 DUNLOP MUD ROVERS ON BLACK RIMS, CHROME EVERYWHERE, CLEAR CORNERS, WHITE GAUGES, RHINO LINED INTERIOR,FRAME AND TUB, FRESH MOTOR CLUTCH AND TRANS, 236K ON THE BODY!!!
media88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2011, 08:34 PM   #2
ROWA

1994 YJ Wrangler 

The only seals are on the output shaft's, the case half's are sealed with RTV, there is no seal between the transmission and the transfer case.
When you put it back together, make sure the oil tube stays inserted, mine fell out the first time I put it back together.

The best Engineering is no match against natural Stupidity.
ROWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2011, 08:58 PM   #3
media88
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Just got a new filter for it hope it does stay in. I'm leaving it in the jeep and removing the front shaft drive and sliding off the chain help explain?
1994 JEEP WRANGLER YJ, 4.0 AX-15, DANA 30/35 STOCK GEARS, 4 INCH SKY JACKER LIFT KIT, T-CASE DROP, 32X11.50 DUNLOP MUD ROVERS ON BLACK RIMS, CHROME EVERYWHERE, CLEAR CORNERS, WHITE GAUGES, RHINO LINED INTERIOR,FRAME AND TUB, FRESH MOTOR CLUTCH AND TRANS, 236K ON THE BODY!!!
Unread 11-29-2011, 09:19 PM   #4
dillonjm
30mm @ 70/sec

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by media88 View Post
Just got a new filter for it hope it does stay in. I'm leaving it in the jeep and removing the front shaft drive and sliding off the chain help explain?
Huh? Your grammar went to hell at the end.

If you're looking for a quick explaination...you take the rear ds off, front ds off, front output yoke off, pop off the rear tailhousing (pulling applicable snap rings), unbolt the back half of the case, pull the main output shaft, chain, front output shaft as one piece, swap chains, reassemble.

Thats the gist of it, watch for the little spring on the shift rail (IIRC) and other various parts to make sure they all go back in the correct spot.

11 Ram 2500 - 6.7 Cummins (DD/Tow Rig)

05 Liberty Limited (Wife's): Minor mods, OME/JBA Suspension, 245 70/17 Duratracs
dillonjm is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2011, 09:44 PM   #5
media88
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Sorry at work very tired, I saw someone online disconnect the shafts, split the case, and only pull the front driveshaft shaft and slide th chain off leaving everything else.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.